Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Boot won't open!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Boot won't open!

My vantage boot will not open when I push the round chrome button?
it opens when I push the the internal release?
Please can you guys advise me on where to go to fix this? Or what is the procedure ??

thx

Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Its most likely the boot button, they tend to have water ingress issues. You can try some WD-40 thru the button but your most likely repair is to replace it.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:16 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Its most likely the boot button, they tend to have water ingress issues. You can try some WD-40 thru the button but your most likely repair is to replace it.
thanks for the tip, appreciated

Old 12-16-2018, 04:00 AM
Ok for the guys who have this issue going fwd, here are my findings:
puting any lube oil into the chrome **** will ad no value, the micro switch is in the rubber waterproof boot.
Remove the micro switch assembly after removing the padding the platic black buttons pull out then a bolt for the leather handle.
the micro switch inside is housed inside a plastic frame and is shielded by a rubber boot (2 hex bolts hold the switch assembly) the boot has two round copper "flats" moulded in the one side the other is the small pc board with contacts soldered surface mount, the chrome button is in fact a plastic mounding with two guides as you push in the button this in turn pushes the rubber mounding into contact with contacts on the pc board, this contact unlocks the trunk.
by cleaning these contacts fixed the problem.
the complete housing come apart by unscrewing 4 small screws .
its really not a difficult task and can save you some cash at the stealer if you want to tackle it yourself.
the part is available at 100 pounds from Aston bits but you could simply mount a small micro switch (push to make) if your handy

when mine breaks again I will machine a complete new unit including making the button from billet I don't like plastic !