Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage depreciation...how low can it go?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:47 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Vantage depreciation...how low can it go?

I guess it's time to wake up to the depreciation of the Aston Martins.

Looking on bat and classified used vantages can be picked up for $35k now.

I guess my 08 is probably worth around 35-40.

Question is how low can it go?

I'm debating to sell my roadster (had 6 years). So much fun.

I want either a v8 Manual, v12 or a f430.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:58 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Mid 20's will be the final spot like the previous generation DB7 Vantage.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:28 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
It really depends on mileage, condition, maintenance history, number of owners, color combination, model, options and a lot depends on you timeframe. How low in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years?

Old 01-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I think the Vanatages will bottom out at around 28K. Pending condition. The people who want to sell have started the drop by uncutting each other by a grand to 1500 bucks. So hence the downward trend. The more people can afford an AM the better. It help the marque and there is almost always someone there to buy your car if you are willing to go low enough.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:42 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I have to disagree that you've got conclusive data. The prices on the Vantage on bat (which I question as an appropriate only source) are all over the place.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:40 PM
superuser is on a distinguished road
I feel like the Vantage will do exactly what the 964 did in the Porsche world. The 964 had a bad reputation due to a few small problems and so so looks in stock USA spec. This leads them to become cheap, enthusiast gets their hands on them and quickly realized the issues where totally overstated and easily fixed. Once sorted with a few key mods the 964 is a sweet spot of air-cooled cars, and they now pull more than a similar condition 993. As the Vantage price comes down and more car nuts get them and drive the heck out of them, they will also get the true reputation they deserve as a super solid car. In this day in age, they have so much going for them, as the last analog cars that are naturally aspirated, hydraulic steering, crazy good looks, and relatively low numbers.

Last edited by superuser; 01-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:24 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
I've got a 2011 manual transmission V12 in the garage that will be looking for a new home when you are ready.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by superuser
I feel like the Vantage will do exactly what the 964 did in the Porsche world. The 964 had a bad reputation due to a few small problems and so so looks in stock USA spec. This leads them to become cheap, enthusiast gets their hands on them and quickly realized the issues where totally overstated and easily fixed. Once sorted with a few key mods the 964 is a sweet spot of air-cooled cars, and they now pull more than a similar condition 993. As the Vantage price comes down and more car nuts get them and drive the heck out of them, they will also get the true reputation they deserve as a super solid car. In this day in age, they have so much going for them, as the last analog cars that are naturally aspirated, hydraulic steering, crazy good looks, and relatively low numbers.
maybe, but that's assuming you keep it for another 25+ yrs for that to occur. plus porsches in general have a larger and more devoted following.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:30 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
When the Vantage's really go down to mid 20's, I need to build another garage to accommodate all the cars I would buy.

I had an 40k mile roadster for 28k popping up in my FB news feed today.
On second look by looking up the VIN on google, flood damage and salvage title.

IMO, sub 30k is hard to believe for an Vantage.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:54 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I would have a hard time believing these will go below 30k if not salvage titled, or multi accident ones
probably because a lot of us here would buy up everyone they could find at 30k lol

Vantages are definitely one of the last 'old school' cars without all the e-suspension, e-steering, e-computer crap littered in todays sports cars

Old 01-15-2019, 02:37 PM
sonies love love that color!

Old 01-15-2019, 02:53 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by goto35
sonies love love that color!
thanks its a wrap i installed myself last spring (Avery SW900 Matte Metallic Silver), looks so different in all different types of lighting, very cool!

Old 01-15-2019, 02:54 PM
what year is your car?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:56 PM
its a 2010.5

my 6 slat grill was dented when i bought it, i like the look of the 8 slat better so I popped that one in instead

Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 PM
is the 8 slat from older aston martins? Thats the one thing that threw me off looking at your car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage depreciation...how low can it go?