Sponsored by:

Suspension half an inch lower?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 07:10 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Suspension half an inch lower?

Hey people,

Sometimes I hate city developments. Just drove in a parking lot with suspension in s+ (as I do most places unless on the freeway) at about 10-12mph and hit one of those crappy short but very high speed bumps. The street light was out and it is painted black so I didn't see it. I heard a big crack and the wheel hit the arch (judging by some tire marks) amd the wheel liner being knocked out of place.

So, I checked all gaps between the wheel and arches and it appears my front right is about half an inch lower than the front left. I raised to high suspension mode, then dropped back down after driving around a little - it is still the same.

No fluid leaks are apparent, no warning signs on the dash so I have no idea what is going on. Could it have lost nitrogen out of the shock over time and I have just not noticed it before? Any ideas what could be causing this??

Old 01-17-2019, 10:29 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
not sure if this is your issue, but did you see this post?

BOYS!!!!!! I was able to diagnose a problem on my own after getting two different independents to have a look over... Both shops recommended getting the shocks replaced... however, I know damn well that the shocks are perfectly fine.... So I went ahead and followed CIAKA's Workflow to diagnose and i found out that I had a simple Cracked Connector plug to the shock itself! I would get random Chassis System Failure on very cold days and finally it just stayed that way... I also checked on my two other friend's with PASM as well with higher mileage and the wire clips ALL were slightly broken or very brittle! I solved the problem with $7 from Fry's Electronics... basically used a 5" Male to Female jumper wires for motherboards which connects perfectly and protects from shorting out inside of the strut..... I'll post pictures very soon, but I literally just solved it right now and the Chassis System Failure went away and all the functions work again perfectly! Porsche NA is gonna hate me for this one as I have a feeling that they get customers to just get a replacement strut and while they are at it, they replace the wire connector part which I think can be ordered, however, I'll look at the wire connector part and see if I can find a corresponding part number...

Old 01-17-2019, 10:32 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
I didn't! I searched, too... thanks for posting that! Will check this weekend.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:54 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
skiracer, good job. I look forward to your photos.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:00 PM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
skiracer, good job. I look forward to your photos.
I wish I could take credit but I just pasted the info - here's that thread to follow for pics:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...failure-3.html