996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Immobilizer??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 PM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
Immobilizer??

So my car just quit while driving. I've chased down everything I can find, replaced the clutch switch, voltage regulator and battery. In my journey I discovered that possibly my key or immobilizer/signal converter has gone haywire. What to do?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:39 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
"This fault is displayed for information purposes, it is not an indication of a problem and no repair is needed."

What makes you believe the immobilizer/signal converter is at fault?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:46 AM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
My car won't start. And this screenshot under immobilizer. The battery checked out as "okay", but was replaced because it was 4 years old. The alternator checked out as "fine", but I replaced the VR just in case. The car literally just quit while I was driving, no warnings, no nothing and refused to start. I am open to almost anything at this point. Does anyone else's durametric show the immobilizer as active??

Old 03-21-2019, 08:49 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
First post almost looks like the interior sensor for the alarm causing the no start but not sure. It has happened before. I believe they are just microswitches that go bad. Doesn't make sense though as you were driving the car when it shut off.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure that the signal converter is bad, I am suspecting that there is a fault associated with the alarm control module.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 AM
This post kinda sums it up. I do have a new aftermarket radio that was just installed a few months ago. Skip to the last post to see the synopsis.
http://pedrosboard.com/read.php?7,19513,19553

Old 03-22-2019, 09:00 AM
I'm going to flatbed to Porsche dealer as opposed to independent. I hope I don't regret that.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 AM
eds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of light
Hass, this is a good idea to bring to dealer at this point. Some things are beyond our vision with regard to complete end to end diagnosis.

Let’s see what they say… Good luck..

Old 03-23-2019, 08:24 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
So you have looked at fuel? Fuel pump or ruptured hoses in the fuel tank?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Never got that far, car wouldn't engage the starter.
Flatbed arrives in 30 minutes, I'm going for a sail today to give this a rest. I'll know more on Monday.
Chris

Old 03-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Those would not stop the starter from turning the engine over - they would just stop the car from actually starting.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:24 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
Those would not stop the starter from turning the engine over - they would just stop the car from actually starting.
The first post said his car stopped while driving. What's that got to do with the starter?

Old 03-24-2019, 12:07 PM
Durametric says Immobilizer Active. I'm assuming it is supposed to say Inactive, but never looked at that before. Obviously the immobilizer won't allow the starter to engage. At this point the fuel pump is an unknown, but it previously worked with no issue. We will leave it as unknown for the time being.
The bigger question is why did the car just quit while I was driving it. All systems were normal until they weren't. No fault codes, no dash lights, just the car coasting to a stop. Hopefully the dealer will shed some light on Monday.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:23 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gadangit
Durametric says Immobilizer Active. I'm assuming it is supposed to say Inactive, but never looked at that before. Obviously the immobilizer won't allow the starter to engage. At this point the fuel pump is an unknown, but it previously worked with no issue. We will leave it as unknown for the time being.
The bigger question is why did the car just quit while I was driving it. All systems were normal until they weren't. No fault codes, no dash lights, just the car coasting to a stop. Hopefully the dealer will shed some light on Monday.
Sounds similar to possible fault of the alarm modules inside the car. Usually the car is parked and then won't start, odd that the car died and then/now this. GL

Old 03-24-2019, 11:16 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The first post said his car stopped while driving. What's that got to do with the starter?
He also said that, now, the starter does not turn over when he turns the key. So, fuel could be a reason for the car stopping - yes; but that could not also be the issue with the starter not turning over. The final solution should be to address the issue that would be common to both of the symptoms.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer??