Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new 19 vantage owner from 16 gts

Old 03-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
new 19 vantage owner from 16 gts

sold my 16 manual gts for a new china grey vantage and couldn't be happier. love the way the new car drives.. its more sporty yet I still feel like putting a suit on when the time permits.. only a few things I really dislike, the auto start and stop,, I hate having to turn it off when I drive the car, unless I keep the car in sport plus.. 2nd,, the car seems to make an annoying whining noise around 75,, sounds like air coming from the engine, and its super annoying,, the loaner they gave me did the same thing, and the dealer said its the only car that had this issue.. if it can't be fixed, I don't know if I can enjoy this car as much as I would like to. any tips and trick to the new vantage,, please let me know,, from so cal, so if anyone wants to do cars and coffee.. hit me up

Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not a fan of the new vantage, but it does look very nice in China Grey, really liked your GTS, especially the interior. My SLK55 R172 not only does the start stop but also deactivates a bank of cylinders switching from V8 to V4 making it especially annoying. I get in the habit of hitting the start button then the sport mode (I do the same in my Aston) to solve that problem. Does the new Vantage still do start stop in sports+ mode?

Old 03-23-2019, 09:11 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your move from AML to AMG...

Old 03-23-2019, 10:30 AM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
I may be in the minority on this board but I really like the new Vantage and would never consider the previous generation.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:35 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! You're a bolder man than I am with the dual color seat upholstery choice!

Old 03-23-2019, 04:42 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Any details on what you mean by "more sporty"?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:24 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
could the air whining sound be coming from your wiper blades? maybe try turning them on at 75mph and see what happens

also your GTS looks amazing!

Old 03-23-2019, 08:44 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Let me guess...Newport? I recognized that back alley of the dealership. Who did you get yours from? I plan to visit tmr.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Congrats! Let me guess...Newport? I recognized that back alley of the dealership. Who did you get yours from? I plan to visit tmr.

I had the whole dealership help me to be honest.. Matt Tim and Jeff the manager!!

Old 03-23-2019, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
could the air whining sound be coming from your wiper blades? maybe try turning them on at 75mph and see what happens

also your GTS looks amazing!

I think it is coming more from the engine.. But I'll check the blades.. Hope it's a simple fix.. Everything about the car has been perfect besides the noise

Old 03-24-2019, 02:36 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Golfpunks

congrats, great you love the new car and seeing the two in consecutive photos shows the "update" AM have achieved

I still love my 07 & 17 Vantages

but really like yours too

well done, enjoy

Graze

PS Would alos love to hear some detailed comparisons loves/hates

G

Last edited by Graze; 03-24-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats, very nice!!

Old 03-25-2019, 07:18 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
2019 Vantage

Congrats! I have this below. I love it. I live in Brentwood, and here a Ferrari is invisible, and a GT3 is low key, but this thing have people following me into gas stations! I love the sound and the looks.

I am up for coffee when you are in the neighborhood.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Golfpunks;4773023]sold my 16 manual gts for a new china grey vantage and couldn't be happier. love the way the new car drives.. its more sporty yet I still feel like putting a suit on when the time permits.. only a few things I really dislike, the auto start and stop,, I hate having to turn it off when I drive the car, unless I keep the car in sport plus.. 2nd,, the car seems to make an annoying whining noise around 75,, sounds like air coming from the engine, and its super annoying,, the loaner they gave me did the same thing, and the dealer said its the only car that had this issue.. if it can't be fixed, I don't know if I can enjoy this car as much as I would like to. any tips and trick to the new vantage,, please let me know,, from so cal, so if anyone wants to do cars and coffee.. hit me up

Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I get in the habit of hitting the start button then the sport mode (I do the same in my Aston) to solve that problem. Does the new Vantage still do start stop in sports+ mode?
In the Rapide you can default it to start up in Sport mode. I dislike auto start-stop in any car!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I love seeing other New Vantage owners post pictures of their cars!

@Golfpunks and @terrence you should have the black bumperettes removed. I just had mine removed along with the Aston Martin script/text and the rear of the car looks much cleaner now.

Happy motoring! Enjoy!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new 19 vantage owner from 16 gts