Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

To all the 2019 vantage owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
To all the 2019 vantage owners

do you guys by any chance ever hear a whining sound when driving around 65-75 mph.. It is louder when you let off the gas. It's a pretty annoying almost whistling sound... I love everything about the car so far.. But this noise is so bad.. I had a loaner for a night and that car did the same.. Sales assured me it was not a common issue and only that car made the noise before I bought mine

Old 03-23-2019, 04:39 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
No dealer in the 100 year history of automobiles has ever admitted to a common problem. I suggest you be persistent and preferably go to another dealer.

Last edited by blue2000s; 03-23-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
When I bought my 2007 Vantage (new) from Chicago (400 miles away), it made a chirping/squealing noise. I called the dealer and they said it was a common issue with the pulleys. 15 minutes later a flatbed pulled up and picked up the car, and the next evening it was delivered back to Minneapolis - fixed. I suspect, there is an early adopter problem like this going on and it will be fixed on many of the cars, like my pulley problem.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:51 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
I hear a sound like that on some road surfaces. I attribute it to tire noise. The new vantage dose not have as much noise insolation as the prior version.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by ncamv8
I hear a sound like that on some road surfaces. I attribute it to tire noise. The new vantage dose not have as much noise insolation as the prior version.

Don't think it's the tires because the noise just gets louder as you let off the gas.. When coasting at 75 it's really loud.. Quieter cruising.. Maybe the exhaust helps mask the noise

Old 03-25-2019, 09:03 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Is it throttle related or speed related. Had a whistle in mine that was throttle position related. Ended swapping out a throtte body to fix it.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 PM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
I can hear it faintly when I depress the gas pedal cruising from 65-75. Its faint but I can hear it.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Old phart
Is it throttle related or speed related. Had a whistle in mine that was throttle position related. Ended swapping out a throtte body to fix it.
Dealer claims it is from the differential and it's widely spread throughout the full vantage lineup.. Every car does if.. My car is in service to see is it's over the threshold that aston allows

Old 03-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Golfpunks
Dealer claims it is from the differential and it's widely spread throughout the full vantage lineup.. Every car does if.. My car is in service to see is it's over the threshold that aston allows
I'm $orry $ir. Look$ like we'll need to $ervice it.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Registered PM
BoudahXL is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the very same synptom, did you get yours fixed since the original post?

Old 11-20-2019, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by BoudahXL
I have the very same synptom, did you get yours fixed since the original post?

I did get a new diff installed after corporate came to look at my car.. I don't know why it had to go that far. it was clearly very very loud. as soon as he jumped in he said, wow this is very loud. did the new diff fix the problem ?? it did get quieter. but to buy this car hearing how loud it is right off the showroom. I would say no. i am not going to complain about it anymore since its so much quieter than my old diff.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:04 PM
Registered PM
BoudahXL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Golfpunks
I did get a new diff installed after corporate came to look at my car.. I don't know why it had to go that far. it was clearly very very loud. as soon as he jumped in he said, wow this is very loud. did the new diff fix the problem ?? it did get quieter. but to buy this car hearing how loud it is right off the showroom. I would say no. i am not going to complain about it anymore since its so much quieter than my old diff.
Thank you!

Old 11-21-2019, 10:15 AM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
My differential has become very noisy also. I am communicating with AM North America but have not been told how they plan to address it. My car has been to the local dealer three times for the noise. The tech acknowledges the noise, admits it is nosier than any of the loaner cars they have but seems powerless to do anything about it. It is so noisy when I have a conversation using Bluetooth on the phone the person on the other end of the call can hear it.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally didn't notice any out of the ordinary noise on my 2019 Vantage. I drove it about 350 kms on a highway after first buying it and then only for two days before it was stored and unable to drive due to snow. So I definitely don't have any recollection of a whiny noise. I will try and look for it when I get to take it out again.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:44 PM
hammyton is on a distinguished road
My vantage also makes this whining noise at those speeds and I had no idea it could be the diffuser. I will bring this up at my service apt next month and let you guys know how it goes.... Based on how long it took me to get this service apt I am not optimistic...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all the 2019 vantage owners