GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Considering a GT3...

Old 03-24-2019, 08:13 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Considering a GT3...

Quick question for the GT3 folks on here... I’m contemplating making a move to an 18 GT3, stick car. My question is regarding future value on said car. Do any of you think it would be wise to go for an all optioned car like PCCB’s, comp seats, front lift, manual transmission... or would any of that even matter in the future? I’m seeing PDK cars with steel brakes, comfort seats in the low $150’s... most of the manual cars are $10-$15k more then add comp seats, and carbon ceramic brakes the price goes up exponentially... I kinda want what I want, but I also value others opinions on this as well. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:45 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Buying a car speculating on future value seems silly IMO. Buy what you want now.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s65e90
Buying a car speculating on future value seems silly IMO. Buy what you want now.
Not SPECULATING on “future” values... it was a simple question regarding car configurations. Are the common cars spec’d with more options holding their value more then the stripped models? Not trying to score a future gem per se... buuuut it doesn’t hurt to buy a car that is not going to tank in value before you get it home.

I have a McLaren that isn’t holding its value and as
I had hoped, therefore buying another expensive car and watching it devalue before my eyes isn’t my idea of “fun”... that’s why I’m asking Porsche guys their opinion on what MIGHT hold its own on the market of non-essential cars.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I just assume that all Porsche's will devalue significantly; I'm pleasantly surprised if one of mine does not. I did pretty well on my 16 GT3 but every other one I've had dropped like a rock. In terms of your question, imo the key things for the GT3 are the front axel lift and the LWBSs. A lot of GT3's are tracked and a lot of track day rats like steel brakes due to the extremely high cost of the carbons. That said hard core track guys don't like the front lift as it adds weight...

That said I just buy what I want; my GT3 Touring has a ton of options many of which are not great for the track but I like them. I actually wish I got the PCCBs because I don't plan on tracking this car...

Old 03-27-2019, 02:22 PM
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:05 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
The GT3 Market sentiment came a long way from "Is 20-30 Percent over MSPR a good deal?" to "I hope i won't lose a lot".

To your question, the main thing that would make the car special in the future when regular 992 S/GTS will take on it, is the manual T. Also, i wouldn't buy a non PCCB car.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:33 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Quick question for the GT3 folks on here... I’m contemplating making a move to an 18 GT3, stick car. My question is regarding future value on said car. Do any of you think it would be wise to go for an all optioned car like PCCB’s, comp seats, front lift, manual transmission... or would any of that even matter in the future? I’m seeing PDK cars with steel brakes, comfort seats in the low $150’s... most of the manual cars are $10-$15k more then add comp seats, and carbon ceramic brakes the price goes up exponentially... I kinda want what I want, but I also value others opinions on this as well. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Not SPECULATING on “future” values... it was a simple question regarding car configurations. Are the common cars spec’d with more options holding their value more then the stripped models? Not trying to score a future gem per se... buuuut it doesn’t hurt to buy a car that is not going to tank in value before you get it home.

I have a McLaren that isn’t holding its value and as
I had hoped, therefore buying another expensive car and watching it devalue before my eyes isn’t my idea of “fun”... that’s why I’m asking Porsche guys their opinion on what MIGHT hold its own on the market of non-essential cars.

lol, okay. Buy what YOU want and enjoy it. Cars lose lots on money. Your Mclaren may be the worst example of a car to buy new and watch lose value. It's a British car. No comparison to a Porsche.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by s65e90
lol, okay. Buy what YOU want and enjoy it. Cars lose lots on money. Your Mclaren may be the worst example of a car to buy new and watch lose value. It's a British car. No comparison to a Porsche.
Funny, they say the same thing on the Mac forum. Haha! Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate it.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by sniry12345
The GT3 Market sentiment came a long way from "Is 20-30 Percent over MSPR a good deal?" to "I hope i won't lose a lot".

To your question, the main thing that would make the car special in the future when regular 992 S/GTS will take on it, is the manual T. Also, i wouldn't buy a non PCCB car.
Two things that aren’t ideal with this particular car is it’s color (yellow) and no PCCB’s... however it does have going for it are comp seat or LWBS as their referred to I’ve now learned, and it’s a stick car. Both of the others I can live with. I can buy better brakes, and wrap the car to suite my tastes in car color. The price is right right and it’s a fairly low milage car...

Old 03-28-2019, 02:22 PM
Other than exhaust, what mods are the cool kids doing to these cars? I’ve been in the turbo world awhile. Turbo S’s and Mclarens... going to a manual N/A car is gonna be different.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:04 AM
sniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the roughsniry12345 is a jewel in the rough
Two things that aren’t ideal with this particular car is it’s color (yellow) and no PCCB’s... however it does have going for it are comp seat or LWBS as their referred to I’ve now learned, and it’s a stick car. Both of the others I can live with. I can buy better brakes, and wrap the car to suite my tastes in car color. The price is right right and it’s a fairly low milage car...
Speed Yellow ? I like it ! i don't think i've seen a speed yellow GT3 tough.
If the price is right and car is good condition and been taken care of, buy it and enjoy!

Old 03-29-2019, 11:02 AM
Looks like I potentially scored a sapphire blue one with everything I want on it. Pretty excited!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Speed Yellow ? I like it ! i don't think i've seen a speed yellow GT3 tough.
If the price is right and car is good condition and been taken care of, buy it and enjoy!
I think that car was Race Yellow or something like that. I couldn’t do it... working on getting a Sapphire Blue one. Will keep this thread alive if I get that one.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:52 PM
I think that car was Race Yellow or something like that. I couldn’t do it... working on getting a Sapphire Blue one. Will keep this thread alive if I get that one.
Good Luck! keep us posted

Old 04-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Good Luck! keep us posted
Thank you, will do... should know more about it by weeks end. It’s a sweet car if I get the one I’m looking at.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering a GT3...