Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member 2011 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 08:20 AM
rsbIII is an unknown quantity at this point
new member 2011 Panamera Turbo

Hi everyone - I recently picked up a 2011 Panamera Turbo - excited to get into a Porsche after spending some time driving it. Previous daily was an Audi A6 that after a few years led me towards the Porsche. I had looked at the A8 4.0 and an S7, but after getting into a Panamera Turbo nothing else could compare for a daily! Car is in great condition, pending a few minor cosmetic issues that I have mostly worked out. I recently replaced my tires and realize the pads/rotors may need to be replaced as well... I will likely go for the hawk or textar pads and zimmerman rotors (if new rotors are necessary - TBD) but I am having difficulty making sure I actually am looking at the correct part numbers for a non-PCCB turbo 2011... any input as to what seller to work with, what part numbers are correct + how/where to get best price is greatly appreciated!

As for the part numbers, I cannot seem to confirm whats correct for my car... I am going to check rotor thickness today during lunch and *fingers crossed* will not need to do the rotors, and meanwhile am trying to order the pads ASAP - can anyone provide correct part numbers for either the hawk or textar and/or some sort of measurements I can provide to vendor to confirm fit? In looking online, it seems there are several different part numbers for the pads alone, even across a single manufacturer - vendor site to vendor site, some may indicate that the part is turbo-specific or model specific, others do not - corresponding pictures don't seem to add up either but I cannot tell if its just crappy web design or if I am looking @ the wrong parts... IDing rotors seems to be even more difficult. Also... any hint on where I might find a good price trying to keep costs on the daily low so I can fill the last spot in my garage with something new!

Pic of Porsche + weekend car below - and to the far left the now retired A6 - Looking forward to being a contributing member! -RSBIII

Old 04-18-2019, 10:52 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Welcome to the 6 and congrats! Since you posted a pic I will as well.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:51 PM
rsbIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Welcome to the 6 and congrats! Since you posted a pic I will as well.
I was initially looking for a white one but this deal was too good to pass up - thinking of wrapping it now...

Old 04-18-2019, 03:49 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the club

Old 04-18-2019, 04:52 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Welcome

You will need to do Rotors too, they are so close to min thickness to begin with, so Porsche recommends doing pads and rotors together.

You also need to replace the Caliper bolts too as they are aluminum.

Check correct parts on Pelican then shop around: https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog..._pg2.htm#item7

Old 04-18-2019, 08:36 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice. I like the blue on brown too!

Old 04-19-2019, 10:00 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Welcome.
Love the SRT10