Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Great brush for cleaning DB9 wheels

Old 04-21-2019, 08:54 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Great brush for cleaning DB9 wheels

I just bought this brush for cleaning wheels on my DB9. Works great!
Check out this video:

Old 04-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Have been using wheel woolies for three years now. A standard gift to my fellow car friends. I find myself looking at some of these wheel designs and thinking - the designer has obviously never had to clean any of his products.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:07 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I have trouble with the woolies on the Rapide. It's too tight between the rotor and wheel. I can use the woolie on the rear wheel, but isn't worth it. I stick with the plastic bristle brushes instead. On our XC60, I use the woolies without issue.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:58 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Just placed an order. $31.99 (with shipping) isn't too bad if it works as advertised.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I have trouble with the woolies on the Rapide. It's too tight between the rotor and wheel.
My woolies came in a three pack with large, medium, small. The medium fits easily between the calipers and wheel. Did you just purchase the large? Just assumed they only came in the three pack.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:43 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I told Cuddapah that this item looks like it will work nicely. Also it comes with some attachments I think like lug nut foam cleaners. I only use Wheel Woolies myself. After trying a bunch of different types of products I stopped and spent the 40-50$ on the 3-pack of wheel woolies.

Wheel Woolies wont disintegrate over time, they are solidly built and work great as advertised. I can't speak for any other product but if I am spending over $20, on a tool, I would just buy the WW's.

BEST CARE-------the best thing you can do is ceramic coat your wheels. Remove each one, clean the face and barrel perfectly, then alcohol wipe it down, then coat it with 2 coats. I use 22ple Rim and Metal coating, or Kamikaze Stance. They both are excellent to use. Warning: first time uses use WAY too much coatings, so get a 50ml bottle so you dont run out. This also can be used on exhaust tips. I used left over product from a friends car on his front wheel well liners to darken them back up and now they are easy to clean. Back were felt.

With coated wheels you only need to use soap and water to clean them. No more chemicals. Same soap you use on your paint; although in a different bucket. I use just a MF towel and the soap to clean my Aston custom wheels. They still look brand new after 3 years. this is my highest suggestion that you do this.

Wheel coatings are very similar to the paint coatings in the chemical makeup. However due to the heat in the wheel areas, the coatings made specifically for wheels have increased properties and elasticity to allow for the heat changes. Also the burning hot particles that can drop on the wheels. While a regular paint coating will work just fine, or even a wax, a specific wheel coating is highly suggested.

Any questions just ask

Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL ... I follow Pan on YouTube .. saw it there and ordered it before talking with you :-)

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I told Cuddapah that this item looks like it will work nicely. Also it comes with some attachments I think like lug nut foam cleaners. I only use Wheel Woolies myself. After trying a bunch of different types of products I stopped and spent the 40-50$ on the 3-pack of wheel woolies.

Wheel Woolies wont disintegrate over time, they are solidly built and work great as advertised. I can't speak for any other product but if I am spending over $20, on a tool, I would just buy the WW's.

BEST CARE-------the best thing you can do is ceramic coat your wheels. Remove each one, clean the face and barrel perfectly, then alcohol wipe it down, then coat it with 2 coats. I use 22ple Rim and Metal coating, or Kamikaze Stance. They both are excellent to use. Warning: first time uses use WAY too much coatings, so get a 50ml bottle so you dont run out. This also can be used on exhaust tips. I used left over product from a friends car on his front wheel well liners to darken them back up and now they are easy to clean. Back were felt.

With coated wheels you only need to use soap and water to clean them. No more chemicals. Same soap you use on your paint; although in a different bucket. I use just a MF towel and the soap to clean my Aston custom wheels. They still look brand new after 3 years. this is my highest suggestion that you do this.

Wheel coatings are very similar to the paint coatings in the chemical makeup. However due to the heat in the wheel areas, the coatings made specifically for wheels have increased properties and elasticity to allow for the heat changes. Also the burning hot particles that can drop on the wheels. While a regular paint coating will work just fine, or even a wax, a specific wheel coating is highly suggested.

Any questions just ask

Old 04-25-2019, 02:01 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I had some custom wheels made by CCW in Daytona. John who was the owner suggested that I coat the wheels with Rejex. They were used on a show car.
It is used on jet engine cowlings so it can definitely take the heat. The wheels he made for me were a polished finish with no coating. The Rejex worked great and kept the wheels in show condition.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Totally unnecessary and overpriced. Wheel spray and a long and a short handled horse hair soft brush gives me the results I want. Been washing my wheels for 55 years and most products are just gimmicks.