Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New dog leg owner

Old 05-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
New dog leg owner

I've been looking at picking up a manual AM vantage, either V8 or V12, with a preference towards the v12.

I did drive a sport shirt v12v and actually enjoyed it. Not the smoothest tranny, but it was fast at speed and tbh I liked the fact that you had to lift a bit to get a good shift. The current double clutches are just too good if that makes sense. I digress....

Out of nowhere I see a low mileage 17 v12v s with the dog leg. Couldn't resist. Deposit placed. Going to see it Tuesday. Unless I'm disappointed it will be mine.

Anything special to look for?

Thanks to all and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Reserved for pics upon delivery. Thx.

Last edited by Michael_s; 05-16-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:10 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Now you have two threads.

Congrats! What color? Fellow dogleg owner.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:30 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
What is a dog leg?

Old 05-18-2019, 07:05 AM
RBWIII will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
What is a dog leg?
7 speed manual transmission

Old 05-18-2019, 07:41 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RBWIII
7 speed manual transmission
https://carbuzz.com/news/5-iconic-cars-with-dogleg-gearboxes

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-18-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:18 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
This is my favorite Aston Martin and car to drive on a good back road. So rewarding once you bond with it.
Make sure you put it in sport mode and then hold the sport button to activate AM-Shift during your test drive.
Can't wait to see some photos!

Old 05-21-2019, 02:56 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
If yours is a 2017, in the settings you can default Sport Mode ON! the best new feature ever!