Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Anyone know sources for an M97.7 engine stand yoke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 09:11 AM
darkhorse1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know sources for an M97.7 engine stand yoke?

As above guys, I am struggling badly to find a yoke here in the UK. I am looking for aftermarket ones and not OPC silly prices as I only plan to use it infrequently ! Anyone know where I can source one sharpish?
thanks

Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
There's no cheap ones. I just use the adjustable one that comes with the engine stand. Did you get that leak figured out?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
There's no cheap ones. I just use the adjustable one that comes with the engine stand. Did you get that leak figured out?
Thanks dude.
I will just use the adjustable one on the stand then, good news!
Not fixed it yet, the coolant lines to the turbos are totally seized in so I cant replace the turbos at the minute; Im going to have to replace the lines and it looks easier with the engine out by a lot. So Im taking the engine out (axle stands) this week and going to see my options then. I was going to drain the oil out of the sump before I remove the engine, and Im going to weld a bar to an allen head socket to try and get the bolt started (3/8 breaker with allen socket on is too meaty to fit in the space). If I can get it to unwind ok, then I will unwind 2 turns, clean it all with carb cleaner (and make sure engine is titled to keep oil away and reseal with some engine sealant.
If the worst happens and it doesnt work, I will be pming you for some advice on taking a head off lol

Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Hmm.. You should be able to get all that stuff loose without pulling the motor though. I never had issues with any of that. Maybe try to heat it up a bit?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Yes but how corroded was yours? Ive heated the housing area up as much as I can, but the line still has some water in, I thought about draining all the coolant out, and trying again before I drop the motor. I spoke to someone else from the UK also who had to have their motor removed to free the lines. The problem with the coolant turbo lines is there is no good way to get any purchase on them, except for behind the pipe, and as an alloy pipe its not strong enough to start cranking hard on it. I tried a slide hammer setup, prying, heat, so far no luck and Im sick of trying. I could have had the motor out by now and replaced the lines to the engine and fitted the new turbos lol