Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help with purchase of V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 12:15 PM
RBWIII will become famous soon enough
Help with purchase of V8V

New to the site and have been reading all threads regarding the V8 Vantage. I love the Aston Martin and currently have a 14 Vanqish, which I think is the best looking car I have.
Anyways, after watching this thread and video (shoutout to FR500GT, Great video and cool customization of yourVantage)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/425335-i-finally-picked-up-v8v.html

I've decided to get a Vantage to personalizeand and possibly track.

Need help with the following:
1. What year? I have heard earlier models had there quirks and I want it to be reliable
2. Which motor 4.3 or 4.7
3. Transmission, 6 speed or sport shift. I prefer 6 speed, but have read others prefer sport
shift.
4. Miles, I know it's a big deal about milage on some exotics, but I really don't care so much in this case. What should the max miles be regarding service intervalls and such I should be concerned about.

All I can think of right now, any opinions that can be provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Old 05-19-2019, 01:10 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
A number of items are personal and budget related.

1. 2006 models were built with “race spec” parts, at least the early serial numbers, so it might be a good start to track one of those, especially if mileage isn’t a massive worry.
2. This just depends on budget and if you want a newer version with the 4.7
3. 6 speed manual for track
4. Again, if it’s going to be a track version, then chances are you’ll be updating/upgrading, so miles are less of an issue, however a past owner that cared for the car will make the difference.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info...Setting the track option aside.

What is the earliest model not to be concerned with and are the 4.3 and 4.7 both good motors?

Old 05-19-2019, 06:23 PM
The early engines were built with race spec parts, so that would be my guess.
Originally Posted by RBWIII
Thanks for the info...Setting the track option aside.

What is the earliest model not to be concerned with and are the 4.3 and 4.7 both good motors?

Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Did I miss the boat on having race spec parts? Should I exceed the redline and see if it holds up? Or is it more of a chassis thing?

Old 05-19-2019, 10:43 PM
I can’t recall which parts but I believe it was a number of items. I tried searching for the forum section that I read it.

Originally Posted by J doubleU
Did I miss the boat on having race spec parts? Should I exceed the redline and see if it holds up? Or is it more of a chassis thing?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:21 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
New to the site and have been reading all threads regarding the V8 Vantage. I love the Aston Martin and currently have a 14 Vanqish, which I think is the best looking car I have.
Anyways, after watching this thread and video (shoutout to FR500GT, Great video and cool customization of yourVantage)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-up-v8v.html

I've decided to get a Vantage to personalizeand and possibly track.

Need help with the following:
1. What year? I have heard earlier models had there quirks and I want it to be reliable
2. Which motor 4.3 or 4.7
3. Transmission, 6 speed or sport shift. I prefer 6 speed, but have read others prefer sport
shift.
4. Miles, I know it's a big deal about milage on some exotics, but I really don't care so much in this case. What should the max miles be regarding service intervalls and such I should be concerned about.

All I can think of right now, any opinions that can be provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben
Mine is going to be for sale shortly - 2006, clutch done 5k miles ago. Couldn't send you a message since you are new but here is a picture.
Attachment 1

Old 05-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Sirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud ofSirdaft1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jferrante
Mine is going to be for sale shortly - 2006, clutch done 5k miles ago. Couldn't send you a message since you are new but here is a picture.
Details?

Old 05-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sirdaft1
Details?
currently on Bring a Trailer 1 day left.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:15 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
If you've got an Aston already and been reading through threads of this nature, you know about THE BOOK right?

Old 05-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Yes I know abut the book...purchased it when I was looking for my Vanquish.
Looks like 2013 and newer gets me 4.7 and latest body style. With that said interested in what others have to say about the earlier years.

Thanks

Ben

Last edited by RBWIII; 05-30-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jferrante
Send me link on bat...nice looking car..

Old 05-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Send me link on bat...nice looking car..
you are too new to send a PM
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...v8-vantage-14/

Old 05-30-2019, 05:11 PM
Anyone know how old I need to be to get PM's had account for 2 weeks

Old 05-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Checked out car...very nice...how does paint look? Condition of seat bolster?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with purchase of V8V