Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

986 help with front hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 04:41 PM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
986 help with front hood

I've looked everywhere, so help me out. Battery is dead, tried to jump from the red fuse, can't get anything to work. Pulled both front wheel liners to look for emergency release pull cord. I can not find it. What do I do now?!?

Old 05-24-2019, 01:37 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Power to the red fuse should allow bonnet to be opened from remote,
otherwise try to power or charge battery through aux power outlet

Old 05-24-2019, 05:08 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
Tried. The battery is too dead.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdexter
I've looked everywhere, so help me out. Battery is dead, tried to jump from the red fuse, can't get anything to work. Pulled both front wheel liners to look for emergency release pull cord. I can not find it. What do I do now?!?
Believe the emergency release pull is located behind the front bumper cover. You may have to get the front in the air and remove some under body panels that extend from the bumper back to be able to spot the pull.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdexter
The lug in the fuse box is not for jump starting. It is there to connect 12V power. Ground can be obtained by clipping the negative lead of the power cabling to the door lock latch.

This should provide enough electricity to work the trunk lid switches and solenoids.

It will not start the engine and this should not be attempted.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:30 PM
I agree. I've tried that. The battery is so dead that I can't get anything to light up no matter what I do. How do I find the emergency release

Old 05-24-2019, 06:35 PM
EuroKip is an unknown quantity at this point
From the bottom next to transmission is the 12v positive cable union the splits the battery terminal to the starter / alternator cable. Hook up a battery charger to that and transmission case as a ground and you should be good in 30 minutes