Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How do you remove wing mirror adjusting knob on centre console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
How do you remove wing mirror adjusting **** on centre console

Hi guys can anyone give me info on how to remove the wing mirror adjuster **** in the centre console of a 2004 GT please.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi guys can anyone give me info on how to remove the wing mirror adjuster **** in the centre console of a 2004 GT please.
Thanks
Hello Yoghurtshotgun ...
You will have to remove the front panel first then remover the panel were the gear stick is, the front panel at the bottom pull towards you and it will pop out of its pins, at the same time the very top panel which looks like a speaker will also pop out remove that first. then disconnect the clock and the panel is free. Put the hand break on and stick the gear stick in neutral. Push up the 2 arm rest in the up position and open the sliding box and lift the panel again the pins will pop out, you don't need to disconnect anything except the mirror switch, disconnect the cable and there are 2 screws holding the switch in the panel ...

You may need a 2nd person to hold the bottom panel when you disconnect the mirror switch that's if you don't want to remove it totally. when fitting it all back in reverse order leave the top grill last, but be careful with it, slide the 2 plastic pins in the rear first then gently press the front down taking care not to chip the front panel, this easy done so take care ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 05-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:37 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Yoghurtshotgun ...
You will have to remove the front panel first then remover the panel were the gear stick is, the front panel at the bottom pull towards you and it will pop out of its pins, at the same time the very top panel which looks like a speaker will also pop out remove that first. then disconnect the clock and the panel is free. Put the hand break on and stick the gear stick in neutral. Push up the 2 arm rest in the up position and open the sliding box and lift the panel again the pins will pop out, you don't need to disconnect anything except the mirror switch, disconnect the cable and there are 2 screws holding the switch in the panel ...

thanks mate that's great help I will have a look over the weekend thankyou

You may need a 2nd person to hold the bottom panel when you disconnect the mirror switch that's if you don't want to remove it totally. when fitting it all back in reverse order leave the top grill last, but be careful with it, slide the 2 plastic pins in the rear first then gently press the front down taking care not to chip the front panel, this easy done so take care ...
Thanks mate that is great info I'll have a look over the weekend

Old 05-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Thanks mate that is great info I'll have a look over the weekend
Your very welcome, hope you get it sorted any further info needed do let me know ...