Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Issues with glenn cook at Edmonton Porsche regards with camshaft failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 03:57 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Help! Issues with glenn cook at Edmonton Porsche regards with camshaft failure

Hey guys I’m hoping some of you can chime in on my issues with Edmonton porsche.
My wife’s cayenne acted funny and shutdown on her while she was driving. We were told the camshaft had failed so we towed it to Edmonton Porsche. They said it did fail so they fixed the issue.
Then they called me and said the high pressure fuel pump is bad and the spark plugs are bad. We argued that the camshaft failure had caused this to happen afterwards as it was running perfectly fine prior.
I made a thread on a local forum and the dealership got worried so raff from service said they would cover the fuel pump.
That thread was deleted then the next day glenn cook takes over and is a total ******. Just tells us either we pay for the $3,000 bill or pick up our non running cayenne.
I read online about how people needed new engines because of this failure so I bit the bullet and lid the bill instead of taking it off their lot and have that loser glenn say it’s our fault the engine is bad.
He’s the worst I’ve ever dealt with in terms of customer service and professionalism. I hope Edmonton Porsche recognizes that he’s an anchor and fires him.
I was told all the service guys hate glenn and some are quitting because of him.
My friends have had issues with Glenn as well.

Regardless, now that I paid the bill for the high pressure fuel pump and spark plugs.
Glenn calls me today and says it’s now running but very rough and smokes. Just as I expected. The camshaft failure caused more issues internally.
He wants me to put more money into diagnosing it but isn’t sure if Porsche Canada will cover the bill even if it’s related to the camshaft recall.

What should I do guys? Im tired of dealing with this idiot.
I tried dealing with Christian there. He’s a stand up guy but can’t do much as he’s in sales.
I don’t want to keep dumping money into it as that’s what they want me to do.
Thanks

Last edited by SXN; 06-17-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added more
Old 06-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Tom_T will become famous soon enough
I don't know how they're handling it in Canada, but you should probably contact PCNA in Atlanta directly as a customer care complaint on the recall. Here is the big post on this camshaft bolt/adjuster failure problem on here & the USA NHTSA Recall on it FYI -

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-failure.html

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=17V368#recalls360

Try to find your equivalent Canadian Recall, if there is one.

You might also try other local news, feedback & other avenues to make it bad news for Ed-Porsche to keep screwing with you.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////

Originally Posted by SXN
Hey guys I’m hoping some of you can chime in on my issues with Edmonton porsche.
My wife’s cayenne acted funny and shutdown on her while she was driving. We were told the camshaft had failed so we towed it to Edmonton Porsche. They said it did fail so they fixed the issue.
Then they called me and said the high pressure fuel pump is bad and the spark plugs are bad. We argued that the camshaft failure had caused this to happen afterwards as it was running perfectly fine prior.
I made a thread on a local forum and the dealership got worried so raff from service said they would cover the fuel pump.
That thread was deleted then the next day glenn cook takes over and is a total ******. Just tells us either we pay for the $3,000 bill or pick up our non running cayenne.
I read online about how people needed new engines because of this failure so I bit the bullet and lid the bill instead of taking it off their lot and have that loser glenn say it’s our fault the engine is bad.
He’s the worst I’ve ever dealt with in terms of customer service and professionalism. I hope Edmonton Porsche recognizes that he’s an anchor and fires him.
I was told all the service guys hate glenn and some are quitting because of him.
My friends have had issues with Glenn as well.

Regardless, now that I paid the bill for the high pressure fuel pump and spark plugs.
Glenn calls me today and says it’s now running but very rough and smokes. Just as I expected. The camshaft failure caused more issues internally.
He wants me to put more money into diagnosing it but isn’t sure if Porsche Canada will cover the bill even if it’s related to the camshaft recall.

What should I do guys? Im tired of dealing with this idiot.
I tried dealing with Christian there. He’s a stand up guy but can’t do much as he’s in sales.
I don’t want to keep dumping money into it as that’s what they want me to do.
Thanks

Old 06-18-2019, 03:12 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Really appreciate this Tom. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.
Hopefully they will fix our cayenne as it’s pretty much useless.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Glad to help.

This kind of BS makes me lose faith in Porsche as a quality premium brand. They're just willing to screw the customer apparently - even with known factory/OEM defects!

Old 06-28-2019, 03:13 PM
SXN
Originally Posted by Tom_T
Glad to help.

This kind of BS makes me lose faith in Porsche as a quality premium brand. They're just willing to screw the customer apparently - even with known factory/OEM defects!

I feel the exact same as you. Thanks again Tom.

Update. Glenn called us and said he will cover the repairs so fingers crossed. He was much more professional this time. So can only have faith he will stay good to us about this issue. Hope they refund us money for the fuel pump as well.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by SXN
I feel the exact same as you. Thanks again Tom.

Update. Glenn called us and said he will cover the repairs so fingers crossed. He was much more professional this time. So can only have faith he will stay good to us about this issue. Hope they refund us money for the fuel pump as well.
Make sure to post this issue & the results on the other 6speed topic about the cam adjuster bolts for which I gave you the link above, so that others in your position with a cam bolt failure in Canada ca benefit too.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////