Thanks Sam! 200 + MPH Run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:36 AM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Sam! 200 + MPH Run

Each year in Eagle Mountain, Utah, there is a charity / race event called Limitless. The race consists of an S-curve followed by a mile of straight road where you can go as fast as you want (within that mile).
Last year was pretty anticlimactic as no one ran over 200 mph (top speed that day was around 193) and I ran a 178 (stage 3 with cats). The event is at 4800' so things can be a little slower up here.
I knew this year we could do better so I reached out to Sam for some stage 4 goodies. Got everything in record time and scheduled my install. Sam provided installation assistance for my shop and we everything got zipped up within a couple of weeks. From the moment I dumped in a bit of methanol and put on a new tune I knew stage 4 and I were going to get along great. The car is faster on meth & pump gas than it was before (stage 3) with race gas!
For the Limitless event I was going to need a bit more though. Based on the distance of the race Sam whipped me up a "safe" race gas tune (I ended up using 100 octane "pump gas" from a local station). My only goal this year was to get over 200mph. It seemed like it was going to be close. On my first run I was pretty tentative coming out of the second curve but when I mashed the pedal the car just hauled. Crossed the finish line at 201 on the odometer. This year the race planners invested in some real timing equipment so I was excited to see the official result. 201.72 mph. Wow! Without even breaking a sweat. On my next run I came out of the turn a bit faster than before and this was the result:

207.87 mph was the official speed. All things considered it was a pretty low drama run. Car was still pulling (although you can actually see it slow down a bit between 206 and 207mph) and it felt totally planted / stable. The only "bad" thing about the event was that there was a 1000HP Twin Turbo Lamborghini Huracan that ran a 209 and edged me out of first place by 1.3 mph. I ended up second with third place somewhere around 196mph. I was the only car that ran back to back 200+ mph (the Lambo's second run was around 191- he said there was some heat soaking going on). There would have been a third run but the event got rained out. Who knows what could have been... Anyway! Exciting day- I've been wanted to hit 200 mph for awhile and it was fun to be able to do it twice. A big thanks again to Sam / ByDesign ��

Cam

Edit: I swapped out the original video with a "fun" one. The original version can be found here: "https://youtu.be/Z8GO1EZQ6PA"

Last edited by UTPorsche; 06-20-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Kudos Cam and Sam....!!

Old 06-20-2019, 02:07 PM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nanook
Kudos Cam and Sam....!!
Thanks! Stage 4- no going back.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:21 AM
flsupraguy will become famous soon enough
Nice. I'd be curious to see how a ECU tuned 991.2 turbo a would do in comparison.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:47 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Saw this video, hell yeah...crazy adrenaline rush, flying low!!!

Manuel

Old 06-24-2019, 07:48 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
I thought all of Sam's car did 200...............................not just mine.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Nice. I'd be curious to see how a ECU tuned 991.2 turbo a would do in comparison.
I've got one coming in so I'll run the event with it next year.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Saw this video, hell yeah...crazy adrenaline rush, flying low!!!

Manuel
It makes your heart pound. I swear thinking about it is scarier than actually doing it though.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by hcvone
I thought all of Sam's car did 200...............................not just mine.
Oh, with more runway I'm sure all of Sam's cars do
But when you only have a bit more than a mile it's tricky...

Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Congrats thats moving out & scary fast & on my bucket list ,i can't imagine what it must be like for those Ugr lambo's doing 250+ mph in a1/2 mile these days

Last edited by twturbo; 07-02-2019 at 11:00 PM.