Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2009 Vantage Bluetooth Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
olivertwist is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 Vantage Bluetooth Integration

Just picked up my 2009 Vantage. It has the premium sound system, and the iPod plug in the center armrest, so I decided to order the 30pin cable and the Bovee bluetooth dongle. I went to go install today, and the Bovee never turned on. I suspect the iPod connection is not charging, and therefore doesn't power the unit up? I see that Astonmartinbits has an updated plug that fixes the charging issue, but I thought that was for older models. Does anyone know after which model year the Vantages should be charging OEM? I don't want to buy this is I'm chasing the wrong issue.

https://www.astonmartinbits.com/mode...age/parts/4711

Thoughts?

Old 06-20-2019, 05:43 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Apple changed the pin-outs for the 30-pin adapter when they released the iPhone 4S many years ago. Unfortunately, the 2008 Vantage predates the iPhone 4S so it has the older controller so it won't charge newer iPhones with the iPod connector cable.

I had to purchase something like this for my former 2008 V8 Vantage:

https://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockStubz-Charging-Adapter-Black/dp/B003TJR2HS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=147QUDIXD2U0W&keywords=scosche+passport+charging+adapter&qid=1561073468&s=gateway&sprefix=scosche+passpo%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-3 https://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockStubz-Charging-Adapter-Black/dp/B003TJR2HS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=147QUDIXD2U0W&keywords=scosche+passport+charging+adapter&qid=1561073468&s=gateway&sprefix=scosche+passpo%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-3

The power adapter along with a 30-pin to Lightning adapter allowed me to connect my iPhone 7+ to the Vantage and play music (iTunes and Spotify) while charging the phone. It's been a while since I sold my 2008 V8 Vantage so I don't recall if I needed to use it in conjunction with the Bovee but I think I did. So buy the adapter from Amazon, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work then return it. I don't think they make these anymore so I'd get one now and try it out before they run out of stock.

Last edited by programmatore; 06-20-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Hmm.. I’ll give that a try, but the astonmartinbits port is much cheaper. I’ll try that adapter, and if it works for the Bovee, then it’s clearly just the power function, in which case I can always return that adapter plug and purchase the upgraded port.

I’ll update this with results.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:50 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by olivertwist
Hmm.. I’ll give that a try, but the astonmartinbits port is much cheaper. I’ll try that adapter, and if it works for the Bovee, then it’s clearly just the power function, in which case I can always return that adapter plug and purchase the upgraded port.

I’ll update this with results.
My 2009 powers my Bovee just fine. I used the apple plug made for jaguar/landrover... make sure your Bovee is working properly before you assume it's the car

Old 06-24-2019, 01:13 AM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
So I was thinking of doing this but now I am concerned it might not work. I have a 08 Vantage with the iPod connection in the arm rest and have my old special edition U2 iPod plugged into that. It works fine without issue. I thought it was as easy as connecting the Bovee to that plug and being able to stream via bluetooth from my phone on things like Spotify etc. Is that not the case?

Old 06-24-2019, 05:57 AM
I figured it out this weekend. I tried a variety of combinations and testing to try to eliminate where the issue was. After establishing that the Bovee was functional, the cord wasn't the issue, and digging up an old 30pin iPod that also didn't play, I took apart the plug module in the arm rest to find that the cord on the back which runs to the head unit had disconnected. I plugged it back in, reassembled everything, and now the Bovee works just fine. @Ksa I think you should find that this will work just fine with Spotify as you intended.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:31 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by olivertwist
I figured it out this weekend. I tried a variety of combinations and testing to try to eliminate where the issue was. After establishing that the Bovee was functional, the cord wasn't the issue, and digging up an old 30pin iPod that also didn't play, I took apart the plug module in the arm rest to find that the cord on the back which runs to the head unit had disconnected. I plugged it back in, reassembled everything, and now the Bovee works just fine. @Ksa I think you should find that this will work just fine with Spotify as you intended.
Thank you for this. Makes sense. If my iPod works then it should too. I will go ahead and give it a shot then and see how it is.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:42 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Does the Bovee 1000 only work with iphones? I have a Samsung.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:56 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
3rd time is a charm.

Finally after the 3rd order I have bluetooth audio for my 2014 V8V. I first ordered the Bovee WMA3000A; did not work because cable not compatible. I secondly ordered the Bovee 1000 unit itself; it would not work with an old ipod 30 pin connector cable. After my 3rd order of the Bovee 1000 with the RR integration cable the plug & play worked beautifully from my Galaxy9+. Took time & patience but it worked. Thank you Amazon for the free shipping & free returns!