Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Light/door/trunk wont open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 03:00 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Light/door/trunk wont open

Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 Rapide preowned which i bought 5 years ago, i never realized i did not have the emergency key nor valet key until today when the car wont open! Both glass keys wont open the door nor lights nor trunk! Any ideas on what i can do? or is the emergency key the only way to solve the problem?

I use the car at least twice a week so i am sure the battery is not dead!

Anywhere i can find that key outside of the dealer? (Cut to VIN)

Thank you all!

Last edited by N91K; 06-24-2019 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Chances of both remote batteries being dead are slim. Have you ever changed the vehicle battery? If you can get a key code from AM you need a locksmith with a Tibbe machine to cut it. Or call a dealer and see if they can even get a key for you.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:25 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I was able to obtain the emergency key from the previous owner, that did not help because the windows wont go down so doors wont open! I found a solution online to access the bonnet through the grill and that worked! Turns out battery is dead!

"When the battery goes flat on a rapide the windows are up. The doors are frameless so the windows are located in the seals in the door aperture. You cannot open the doors and you cannot open the boot. Look through the front grille towards the radiator with a torch and you will see the bonnet release cable outer sheath. If you pull the outer sheath it will put enough tension on the cable to release the bonnet catch. With the bonnet open you can charge the battery. Negative clip on the alternator casing and positive clip on the central charging stud."

Thanks i hope this helps anyone that faces this problem!