Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Stray cable hanging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Stray cable hanging

Hey guys so since I got my AM a couple of months back, I've always felt a weird cable hitting my feet in the driver side footwell area every now and then. I was just too lazy to see what it was and possibly ignoring on purpose from the fear of it might be something I don't want to find out about lol.

But anyway today I finally bent down to see what it was and it appears to be a random cable that's just hanging there and it appears to be maybe unplugged from something? I am not sure. I am hoping that one of the experts here can chime in and tell me what it is and if it's something that I should plug in somewhere. Please see the picture below. Thank you in advance for the help!

Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Ksa
Picture

Old 06-24-2019, 09:16 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Your missing the pedal that it plugs in to.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Ksa
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Your missing the pedal that it plugs in to.
Not sure I know what you mean? Which deal would it be? It's not a manual vehicle.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:25 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Exactly, clutch switch.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Ksa
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Exactly, clutch switch.
Oh really? They would have that in an automatic car? Even so, would/should it be hanging just like that?

Old 06-25-2019, 06:48 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
It's not an automatic car; it has a clutch like any other car equipped with a manual trans. Either you build it with a pedal or you leave it out and install the 'pedal' on the bell housing or trans, wherever it is best placed. So it's not surprising that AM would not make a separate harness P/N just to remove an unused pigtail.