Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Windshield Wipers part number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 09:12 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Windshield Wipers part number

I just bought two Bosch windshield wiper replacements, connectors don't match up. What do you guys do for replacement wiper blades? I have a 2005 Continental GT, USA.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi British ... Wiper blades for Flying Spares LHD part number ...

Old 06-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Thanks, I did some searching with that part number.

Wrong side of the pond for me. Any clue as to whether there is an American parts store equivalent? I can buy from Flying Spares for a lot, or $120 for a pair from that Florida place, but I suspect they're just Audi or VW blades.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by British
Thanks, I did some searching with that part number.

Wrong side of the pond for me. Any clue as to whether there is an American parts store equivalent? I can buy from Flying Spares for a lot, or $120 for a pair from that Florida place, but I suspect they're just Audi or VW blades.
The part number is also the same at Scuderia so I presume its the same part number everywhere. Price here £57.74 each, there are after market ones for half the price ...

Old 06-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Mr8888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by British
I just bought two Bosch windshield wiper replacements, connectors don't match up. What do you guys do for replacement wiper blades? I have a 2005 Continental GT, USA.
I got the Bosch blade also based on a thread on this board. First the stock appear to be closer to 23” vs the 22” I bought.

You can take off the plastic clip from the Bosch pretty easily. The connector on the Bentley blade is harder to remove and is a cast piece of aluminum. So its brittle and you have to be very gentle. If you have a dremel you can just cut the old blade out, I used a combination of vice grips, small hammer and a screw driver to slowly pry just enough space to twist the old blade out. You should only have to slightly loosen two of the four tabs. Then I put the new Bosch blade in, it actully fits perfectIy. Then be careful on the tabs when securing or bending them down again they are very brittle.

Would I do it again or is it worth the headache, over 40 bucks? Probably not! I later found them pretty reasonable on ebay after the fact.

Although at the time my blade was so shot of course it was raining all weekend. I did not want to wait another couple days of shipping to drive. I have to say the Bosch wiper blade is working fine for now it even rained yesterday.

Last edited by Mr8888; 06-27-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
I finally bought a set (after returning a Bosch set that claimed they fit the GT but didn't) on Ebay that claimed to be OEM for $75. Seemed like highway robbery, I thought about doing what you did, but my windshield already has some scratches in it, I figured doing a switcheroo on the blades would end up with it failing on my and scratching things up. Those clips didn't look like something easy to work.