Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

New product - interest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
New product - interest?

For about 2 years, I've been making the lifting pads to allow safe lifting of our cars - I've gotten great support from the community to help accommodate the surprising number of variants. It would be a better world if all customers were as pleasant as Aston owners.

I've been looking to expand to other areas, and one thing I've been looking at is custom pedals - I'm part way through the design cycle for a set for BMWs, but I'd like to get some input on if this would be of interest for Astons?

Pads would be all aluminum, and I'm looking at different patterns and shapes to make a more distinctive product that also has real world usability.

I'd really appreciate any comments or thoughts on how these pedals would be received, and if there would be interest.

Some examples of the look I'm thinking about:

AM Vulcan

Ferrari 458 (Hill engineering)

McLaren F1

La Ferrari

Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Vulcan style. It stays with the “AM theme” too which is always a good thing.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:16 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Matt

I love your billet aluminium lifting blocks -so handy

of all the photos you posted I prefer the 458 ones, but, I think all aluminium is potentially too slippery (obviously depends on shoes, water etc) & the rubber buttons on the existing aston vantage pedals (07 V8 & 17 V12S) are really a good solution

also the slightly wider accelerator pedal as an option is great for the manual acrs - so worth a thought

good luck

Graeme

Old 07-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Stealthssfc is on a distinguished road
Those look great! What is your projected cost for a set for ASM cars?

Old 07-15-2019, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Hi,

I'm not sure of the cost yet - I'm targeting below 200$ for a set for a manual car. I need to figure out material cost though (which is fairly high for aluminum), as well as machining time.

I don't have access to an ASM car, so it will take a bit more work to come up with a prototype - I'll have to work with someone who has one, and send some 3D printed parts for a fit check before finalizing the design.
I'm finishing up a BMW design now, then will move to the Aston.

Matt

Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
I bought a wider throttle pedal pad from a place in Florida. A bit easier for my narrow feet to blip the throttle on shifts and not fall in between.

That said, it doesn't make a huge difference for me. I find the whole throttle pedal assembly to be too soft/flexible and throttle response to be too slow to let me get a precise, consistent blip.

But for cosmetic improvements, there are likely lots of opinions on foot well bling.