Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any Aston owners put their name on the new Vette or thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:51 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Any Aston owners put their name on the new Vette or thoughts

The nice thing about putting your name on a list of an American car is even if you have to put down a few dollars they are refundable if you don't like the car so I often will pre-order a car that was just introduced and if I don't like it get my money back. I think this new Stingray is about the most disruptive car introduced for many decades. There are some things I don;t like - it's still a big car, to me small is better, my Vantage feels the right size. On a modern car I would have like to seen some more safety options - automatic pedestrian braking, adaptive cruise control, self parking, those sort of things, especially assuming the rear view sucks. Other than that I'm impressed to put my name on the list to be a daily driver, and maintain my Aston as the good weather car - or at least order one (all silver with tan interior) and when it eventually comes in (assuming the list is years to wait), see if it's worth it. There are things I don;t like, but overall, with today's offerings and the price point in my opinion, it's the best deal ever.

Given what Aston did to the 2019 Vantage - it's light years ahead of the new Vantage (my opinion).

What's the rest of y'all think?

Old 07-23-2019, 05:58 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
It's a tremendous car that sounds like everything they promised. I wonder if Lotus was contracted again this go around with some of the engineering? This car should be bring a lot of new buyers into the fold. I am just not a Vette guy... At that price, I am an Evora 400 buyer.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 AM
JL_MPLS will become famous soon enough
I think it looks fantastic. I've never thought of myself as a vette guy - AT ALL - but this car is amazing. I'd probably wait for the Z06 or a more performance oriented version. But yes, this car gets my attention!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:57 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Not a Vette guy.... that could change. The potential for this platform is outstanding, particularly at the entry price! I know horsepower is like sex, only too much is enough, however, the 420 in my Vantage is more than the country roads I enjoy driving can handle. With a smaller lighter engine, and the balance the new configuration will bring, it could be a real joy. I imagine and electric and AWD version will follow shortly. This could well be the harbinger of a resurgence of american road racing, hopefully.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:41 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I mean if they roll out a 750hp turbocharged flat plane crank Z06 version for like 85k i would be awfully tempted...

its already a hit in my opinion but I don't think i can get rid of my vantage so i'm going to need more garage space!

I can't quit you baby!

Old 07-23-2019, 12:30 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Not generally an American car guy, but I have respect for many models, including the Vette, which has always been a performance bargain (less so of late). My main beefs with the previous version were the interior space (I could barely get comfortable without a helmet!), the styling and the perceived quality. Re: the last two items, I just can't understand why the American manufacturers, GM in particular, continue to style cars in such a coarse, crude and discordant manner. Looks are subjective, I know, but for me this adds to the perception of lower quality, on top of the generally subpar plastics and other materials utilized. Unfortunately, the new model in my eyes continues with the same trend (at least for the looks; can't tell about the actual quality yet). Low and swoopy, and eye catching from a distance, for sure, but a harsh mish-mash of sharp edges and conflicting planes and angles, at least in the pictures...

Brightoncorgi, re: the Lotus Evora 400 - I can't wrap my head around the price Lotus is now asking for a car which is, frankly, on an ancient platform and underpowered. Yes, yes, I get that Lotus is about feel, and power to weight ratio, having owned one myself for over 10 years, but the Evora is actually quite lardy for a Lotus, and in North America we are denied all the best variants and options, supposedly thanks to "Federal" regulations.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:37 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spinecho
Brightoncorgi, re: the Lotus Evora 400 - I can't wrap my head around the price Lotus is now asking for a car which is, frankly, on an ancient platform and underpowered. Yes, yes, I get that Lotus is about feel, and power to weight ratio, having owned one myself for over 10 years, but the Evora is actually quite lardy for a Lotus, and in North America we are denied all the best variants and options, supposedly thanks to "Federal" regulations.
To me, the Evora 400 is a bargain. Has top shelf components, Lotus engineering, and hand built for under 100K. The performance is there in every department. I'd take it over a 911 or Cayman at similar price. I don't care that it has double din stereo nor power seats. The manual seat rails are much quicker. It's Sophie's Choice between an Evora 400 or V8 Vantage. The guys at the local AM - Lotus dealer often have a hard choice between the two as well.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:43 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
It's a big car. That and the auto-only transmission leave me uninterested.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 PM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
I think my girlfriend will buy the next model year. we're waiting to see what other engine options will be available.

GM hit this out the park

Old 07-24-2019, 06:34 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Vette

I liked some of the early renderings better. This one seems very Corvette-like and I can understand that. I thought the decision was going to be to continue to produce the old front engine design for a while together with the mid-engine model during the transition. This would have allowed a more radical change, which I would have welcomed. You certainly can't argue with the price but it will probably not push me to be the old guy in the Corvette person.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:12 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I very much like it. Want to see in person. I may like it more (dare I say) than a Porsche 911.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
As nice as that new Vette looks, something pulls me way back from moving to a Vette from an Aston Martin. Of course who knows the future, that could change once I see it in person. But my next move would be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini ideally but we shall see.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:37 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I wouldn't move from my Aston to a Vette (athough one of our Vantage local fold replaced his 2008 Vantage for a C7 Vette recently) - but I wold replace my daily driver (SLK55) with the Vette.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:38 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
1st new sports car I have been really excited about in a while.

Big fan of the new Vette. At 47 I am probably the target demographic... able to afford an optioned $75k car... (Z51 and 3LT) Wife has a 2019 C7 and the auto and power in that car are excellent. She would keep that. It really depends what your overall plan is with cars... I plan to keep the Aston, and get a C8 next year as my daily car. Let GM spend a year fine tuning...

I have no problem with the daily car being auto and 'only' 495hp with a 0-60 of 2.9! I can get in plenty of trouble with the immediate power of the C7 stingray.. C8 is going to be that much better. I really like that they stuck to a big displacement V8. How much faster would a Z06 be without AWD? (I foresee that front trunk going away for an electric FWD to answer that question.) Love the looks and interior. No complaints there.. And the Targa will more than answer the mail for getting a convertible... my other goal. I can't see spending $8k+ for the 'actual' convertible that is going to follow.

I was eyeing either an older spyder Gallardo or 430... but for the money I can't pass up a new C8 (under warranty) vs a 10+yr exotic costing $25k more... and who knows what for repair bills!

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 07-25-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:42 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Aston owners put their name on the new Vette or thoughts