Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Defective wheel / Flat tire error msgs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 01:18 AM
xclens is an unknown quantity at this point
Defective wheel / Flat tire error msgs

Hello,

I have started getting weird error messages on my screen when I start my car. One is "Defective wheel", what in the world is that? And immediately after that one goes away I get a red "Flat tire" error message that doesn't go away. All tires are inflated properly...

Old 07-19-2021, 03:13 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
How old is your car. While the TPMS appears to be legendarily bad on these, flat battery in one of the in wheel sensors might cause the flat tyre message.

C

Old 07-19-2021, 03:40 AM
xclens is an unknown quantity at this point
It is an '07 with about 7,000 km. I do not have a complete owner history as it was imported from Japan, but I don't believe that much of the original parts have been replaced thus far.

So the wheel sensors have batteries? That is news to me. I supposed I should have figured that one out, though, but I've really never given them much thought. Can VCDS help me pinpoint which one it is?

Old 07-19-2021, 04:02 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Yes, they have batteries Typically sealed for life. If VCDS doesn't then your local tyre shop will have a sensor.

C

Old 08-15-2021, 04:51 PM
tteplitzmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Any idea of the life span of the sealed battery in the TPMS?
I have never seen a replacement part for the TPMS, but perhaps I've not looked hard enough.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:56 PM
sspeeder is an unknown quantity at this point
The lifespan of the batteries inside TPMS sensor as given by the manufacturer is 6 years. However they only usually go bad after 8/9 years or more.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Thanks.

I just replaced the original batteries on my 2013 GTC (they had a 2012 production date).
So far the TPMS is remarkably accurate when checked against a good manual pressure guage.
I guess I will know when the TPMS batteries go as I would get erratic or no read out on my console.

I kind of like following the readings on the TPMS as I drive. Any idea of a part number or reference?
They don't show up on a couple of the on line suppliers.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:23 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
Any idea of a part number or reference?
They don't show up on a couple of the on line suppliers.
4D0907275 for the 433MHz version
4D0907275A for the 315MHz version

Old 08-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
you can use generic ones too. I remember my Audi R8 is 433Mhz and installed after market sensors. They are working great. I am using this tool for my TPMS:

Amazon Amazon

Cheers,

~ZaOs~

Old 08-16-2021, 11:03 AM
Please to clarify, which version for a 2013 GTC?

Old 08-17-2021, 12:36 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zaos
you can use generic ones too. I remember my Audi R8 is 433Mhz and installed after market sensors. They are working great. I am using this tool for my TPMS:
Cheers,

~ZaOs~
I'm not sure why you would use generic ones when the VW/Audi sensors are so cheap (obviously not so much so if they come in a box marked "Bentley"), and the car is immediately interoperable with them?

Old 08-17-2021, 06:29 AM
Again which frequency is for 2013 GTC?
Will the pressure readings after driving a bit show up on the console without having to do a "reset" routine?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Once the TPMS modules are changed, might as well do all four. You will have to do a reset.You'll have to do some research on which MHz they are.
I think my Durametric will indicate which I have.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:53 AM
What I'm asking is what is a "reset" on after the replacement?

Old 08-17-2021, 08:06 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
It's more of a LEARN, its in the Digital Instrument Control, using the Stalk on the steering column.

Relearn instruction

No special tools are required to perform this relearn procedure.

Sensor Relearn Procedure:

1. From the main TPMS menu (i.e. showing all your pressures):

> Access menu by tapping forward with multi-function stalk (located lower right of steering wheel), or by pushing down right-side multi-function ball on steering wheel (if equipped).
    > Navigate down to “Tire type” field; tap forward again
    > Select tire type and tap forward again (depending on your car it’ll show different options: my car—for instance—has options for “20" Summer” or “20" Winter”; choose whichever option is applicable to your case)
    > Tire selection will only be completed successfully when the following message appears on the display: “No tire pressure monitoring System is learning”
    > Drive around a bit and the system should figure everything out—the wheel learning process takes place when the vehicle is being driven with a vehicle speed above 16 mph (25 km/h)
    > During this time, current tire pressures will not available on the multi-function display:
    – The tire pressure warning light will remain lit until all wheels have been learned.
    – Lines (-.-) will appear on the display of the “TPMS” function.
    – Required pressures for cold tires 68°F (20°C) are shown under “Fill info” in the “TPMS” main menu.

All this can be found in the “Instrument Panel and Multi-Function Display” section of your owners manual.

Last edited by cam99; 08-17-2021 at 08:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Defective wheel / Flat tire error msgs