Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Level Fault - Go to dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 12:18 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Level Fault - Go to dealer

So I just got my new to me 2015 FS. The car has arnott air shocks fitted about 5k miles ago. I do love the car, but It has a few annoying issues, but presently I'm trying to fix the level fault issue. The car goes up and down (when the scren is availabel and not rebooting). But the major issue is that the car will NEVER lower at 79mph. It tries to lower, then gives. a level fault. It also frequently will start up in JACK MODE. My indy tested the system and thinks the issue is in the "bentley central electronic control" part#3D0959933P.

He wasn't sure - but suggested that the module MAY need to be keyed to the Cars VIN. Is this the case? I would like to find the module from one of the junkyards or ebay, but if it needs to be keyed to the VIN, then its a full price order from Crewe. Please help!

Old 02-26-2024, 11:28 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Ok so I have learned that the part listed below is needed for sure, and that it needs to be CODED to my car's VIN prior to install. Anybody know (paging @Johnny Hotspur GT ) whether there are any resources who can do this instead of a dealer? I don't have an official dealer on my island I live. The car would have to be shipped somewhere for this. Further, if it CAN be re-coded, perhaps I could buy a used part, and have that coded to my car. Looking for answers - please help!3D0959933P -CENTRAL CONTROL UNIT FOR CONVENIENCE SYSTEM

Old 02-27-2024, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @ttpopo ,
Please clarify exactly which module your indy is telling you, because, at first you said it was the "central electronic control", now you are calling it the central convenience control, and there happened to be both in the vehicle, the central electronic control module in located in the front of the vehicle, aka the front body control module, and it's part number is 3D0 937 049 (Q), the central convenience control module with part number 3D0 959 933 P is as you stated in your second post, BUT, the central convenience module which is also known as the rear body control module, only controls certain modules as shown in the screenshots of a scan, these items are as shown, being the four window lift door control modules, the alarm module, and the trunk lid release module, not the level control module.

Now, for full disclosure, I do not have first person hands on experience with any 2015 Bentley's, but I have studied a lot of information online, and I believe that the module in your 2015 mirrors the same a previous years.

Do you have the Ross-Tech VCDS or ODIS VAS 5054 to scan the vehicle, so that you may post a full scan of the vehicle.

Also, I have sent other members here a 3D0 959 933, and another the trunk lid module part number 3D0 909 610, none needed to be by VIN, or any coding to the vehicle, with the exception of @1337group changing the coding from 0000040 to 0000032 on the 3D0 959 933 IIRC, this coding can be done with the RT or ODIS VAS.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tuck-shut.html

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-27-2024 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-27-2024, 10:38 PM
Wow that's incredible information!

Thank you so much @Johnny Hotspur GT . Now, I guess it's possible that there is a difference in the gen2/1 modules, but also possible that the indy doesn't know exactly. I know that they scanned the car though. He's usually right about my cars. That said - it sounds like the RT is a good thing to have. I'll see if I can get a code scan that shows the module functions that he is suggesting replacement. He did mention that the module would need to be coded - he was right about that.

I have confirmation from the dealer as well as Scuderiaparts that this "3D0959933P" module does indeed need to be coded to the vehicle.

Is this something that the RT will allow to be done? i would love to avoid my dealer for something like this, as they are on another island, and the car would need to be shipped there for any work of this nature.

Last edited by ttpopo; 02-27-2024 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:36 PM
Ok now that my screen has been fixed - I need to tackle this issue.

I have a fresh battery in the car and it still throws this fault when reaching 80-mph. the car does not want to LOWER based on this. in fact...when lowering the vehicle at rest of lower speeds - it takes a LONG time. It say "lowering vehicle". Somettimes it does, mostly it wont.

I would imagine that its simpler to lower by releasing air, than raising it - using the compressor.

Is there a chance that there's a problem with a manual valve to release air?

I want to get a clear answer to this issue and then tell the indy what to do. @Johnny Hotspur GT and ideas?

Last edited by ttpopo; 03-28-2024 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-28-2024, 05:58 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Where in Hawaii can you hit 80? H-3? Maybe H-1 past Mililani?

Old 03-28-2024, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by BruceR
Where in Hawaii can you hit 80? H-3? Maybe H-1 past Mililani?
Oh man..80 happens QUICK in this car you know!

I'm not admitting to anything but here on Maui, we have VERY low speed limits. 35 most, some 45/55. That said...it can happen.

Oahu...H3 through the tunnel. Soooo Ono.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:39 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I used to open up my XK-8 on H-3. Gorgeous view when you pop out of the tunnel on the windward side! My SHOPO sticker saved me some tickets! The rest of the time it was tough to bust 60.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:36 AM
Aloha guys, so I’ve had my 2015 FS for 700 miles now. I purchased the car with 66k miles from CA and had it shipped to me in HI. When I first got it, I discovered several issues. The most annoying one was the infotainment screen was resetting and prevented the use of the reverse camera. I have since gotten that fixed. When they fixed it, I had them add the Android Audio/CarPlay interface.

The other issues I have are seemingly related.

1. Drivers Rear door lock is unresponsive The inside controls do not lock/unlock. In fact when you lock the car, the door in question does NOT lock at all. Further, the soft close does not work.

2. Level Fault. The car can be placed in NORMAL/HIGH mode without issue. However, when 80mph is reached the car Dows not reliably lower. Sometimes it does, sometimes it will not. It will take a long time to lower - than the message “Level fault: contact dealer is displayed” Sometime it DOES lower…soon after, the level fault message is shared. Once the car is turned off/on the message goes away.

3. Jack Mode. The car frequently starts in Jack mode. Once I drive forward a few feet, the message goes away. Even in jack mode, the car maintains the level set on the console button selector.

The interesting thing here - and why I think they are all related is the following. When I first got the car, the Rear door lock icon would illuminate. However, you could not open the car door from the outside. Only when opened from the inside would it open normally. However, I left the car outside one day (covered). The next day I used it, the door lock did not illuminate anymore. Further - when you open the door - “JACK MODE” would message illuminate.

I had taken the car to a local indy who scanned the car when I FIRST got it. He suggested a “body control” module replacement as I mentioned above. I took @Johnny Hotspur GT advice and got a Rosstech. I scanned the car and have posted the resultant AUTO-SCAN. There are a bunch of radio system faults shown, which I presume may be related to the android installation. Either way - I’m looking to fix these annoying issues, but want to ensure that I buy the correct parts.

I’m hoping to get some help here - and hoping that what we find here can help future owners.

PS - car has had Arnott struts installed at all four corners. It never sags, and always maintains the correct height.

Attached Files

Last edited by ttpopo; 04-17-2024 at 12:05 PM. Reason: attachment
Old 04-17-2024, 06:41 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Are the Arnott struts the new type that eliminates the ride firmness function?

Old 04-17-2024, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Randy V
Are the Arnott struts the new type that eliminates the ride firmness function?
No they are replacements for the OEMs - they just carry a lifetime warranty. They got replaced around 55k miles. This was one of the main reasons I picked this specific car.

Old 04-30-2024, 01:05 AM
Ok @Johnny Hotspur GT < I cleared out all of my codes from the dead battery debacle.

I ran a new scan. The central convenience module was not contacting in the auto scan. I was able to scan that module specifically - I included that scan as well.

I tried to scan Module "5D" and "48" individually - but had no communication from those ones.

PS - included a PDF and .txt version, in case one is easier to open.

It certainly does seem that there's an issue with the central convience module at minimum. The windows, trunk and alarm all work perfectly fine though....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
g3ntlh4.pdf (145.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by ttpopo; 04-30-2024 at 01:08 AM. Reason: edit
Old 04-30-2024, 10:37 AM
Dgeedhar is an unknown quantity at this point
Is your car also in high mode? If not can you please put it in high mode and drive it to see if any flat comes on?

Old 04-30-2024, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Dgeedhar
Is your car also in high mode? If not can you please put it in high mode and drive it to see if any flat comes on?
The car is essentially stuck in high mode. I think I'll have to recheck the sensors from below. @Dgeedhar have you gotten a VCDS and run a scan yet? I'm curious, was your car shipped to you? What year do you have?

Last edited by ttpopo; 04-30-2024 at 11:30 AM. Reason: error
Old 04-30-2024, 11:28 AM
Dgeedhar is an unknown quantity at this point
My car is a 2014 with 48,000 miles. It was shipped to me almost two years ago from CA in June 2022.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Level Fault - Go to dealer