Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Front Fenders/ wings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 08:59 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Front Fenders/ wings

Hi
I have now purchased 2 front side Fenders/Wings for my GT Speed.
The question I would like to ask is does the front bumper have to be removed before the side fenders/wings to be replaced?
I thought I read some where it didn't but can't find that info any where again.
​​​​Thanks.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Frank @Frank ( Sunnyside ) ,
I am not sure at the moment of the year (gen) of your GT Speed, but if the replacement wings look like my 1st GEN pieces do, then you must remove the bumper to remove the black plastic bumper mounting brackets that mount on top of the part of the wing itself, in order to remove the wing.
See pictures.
My black plastic bumper mounting brackets are only in place in my pictures without the wings installed, as a measure of safe keeping of said brackets, to be clear, the wings get put in place first, then the brackets mount onto the wings tabs/mounting area.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 04-24-2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:39 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello Frank @Frank ( Sunnyside ) ,
I am not sure at the moment of the year (gen) of your GT Speed, but if the replacement wings look like my 1st GEN pieces do, then you must remove the bumper to remove the black plastic bumper mounting brackets that mount on top of the part of the wing itself, in order to remove the wing.
See pictures.
My black plastic bumper mounting brackets are only in place in my pictures without the wings installed, as a measure of safe keeping of said brackets, to be clear, the wings get put in place first, then the brackets mount onto the wings tabs/mounting area.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny,
I have ordered 2 plastic wings from Flying Spares with the thought they will never suffer corrosion.
I then wondered if that was a mistake as Bentley only used the plastic ones for a limited time period??

Old 04-25-2024, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@Frank ( Sunnyside ) ,
I have the factory plastic/fiberglass wings on my GT, no issues at all.

Johnny

Old 04-25-2024, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
@Frank ( Sunnyside ) ,
I have the factory plastic/fiberglass wings on my GT, no issues at all.

Johnny
Brilliant😃
Just what I wanted to hear.
​​​​​Thanks Johnny.👍