Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMOC: Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 09:58 AM
1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute
AMOC: Is it worth it?

I've been on the fence for some time about joining the NY region of the Aston Martin Owners Club. Some of the events look fun. Is anyone here a member of any chapter? Would love to hear about your experience.

(Photo from a non-AMOC show I attended with my 2010 V8)

Old 04-29-2024, 09:09 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I've been a member for several years. Worth it IMO. Good to meet new people with a shared interest. Not pretentious and plenty of good events in the North East. Big events planned in Berkshires in a week or two if you can sign up right away! Several cool events in NYC that I am yet to attend.

AMOC is the oldest single marque car club in the world.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:25 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I joined recently but there's not much in the greater NYC area going on that I am aware of with the exception of the big gathering this May at Limerock Race track. I've been hoping to meet folks but nothing through the club. The PA area chapter seems to be having a wonderful time because I seem to get those e-mails!

Matt

Old 04-30-2024, 10:02 PM
cbj5259 will become famous soon enough
Yes, I think its worth it. I am member of the PA region and it's quite active.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:27 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cbj5259
Yes, I think its worth it. I am member of the PA region and it's quite active.
What incorporates the PA region. Is it more Philly area?

Old 05-01-2024, 05:25 AM
cbj5259 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
What incorporates the PA region. Is it more Philly area?
It is southeast PA, so yes philly suburbs, South Jersey, etc.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:56 AM
1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, all. I think I'll try it for a year to see.

Old 05-01-2024, 02:21 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
On west coast, ( Los Angeles area) it's not active, I've tried to connect, but no response.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:13 PM
Import will become famous soon enough
I signed up this year…first time…no members I know of around me in western canada interior…but well supported at the coast…that’s 4 hours away..so it’s a trip a couple of times a year to events…

Old 05-02-2024, 06:16 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
At a minimum, we have a monthly pub night and something additional a couple of times a month. Last week was a James Bond movie at a seafood restaurant along with a tour of a sailing commercial fishing boat.

This weekend is the big event in Berkshires. If you are a member, you can offer to host or create events in your area as well.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:37 PM
AM-DB9.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 007JB
On west coast, ( Los Angeles area) it's not active, I've tried to connect, but no response.
Phoenix metro area pretty much the same... crickets

Old 05-02-2024, 05:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Cool

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Last week was a James Bond movie at a seafood restaurant along with a tour of a sailing commercial fishing boat.
Can I say - Yawn - without offending anybody?

Old 05-02-2024, 06:23 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Agree -Also being a Porsche owner and member of PCA AMOC is disappointing... If AM really wants to pursue a broader modern demographic they'll need to get much more involved.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:42 AM
You're welcome to put together your own event with AMOC too. Events are created by the members themselves.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
You're welcome to put together your own event with AMOC too. Events are created by the members themselves.
I'd suggest a night raining dollars at the pole dancers after a private viewing of Octopussy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMOC: Is it worth it?