Malicious advert- safari

Old 08-26-2018, 12:44 AM
divetheworld is on a distinguished road
Malicious advert- safari

Your ad team need to vet the ads you allow a little more carefully. I was reading a thread about Aston Martin headlights and got locked into this advert redirect.
Nasty persistant little bugger.
Sort your stuff guys.

Malicious advert

Old 08-26-2018, 12:56 AM
I see you already know about this from redpants earlier thread regarding xss attacks.
The site is totally unusable with my apple products.
As I’m not the only one and this is known for at least a couple of months, I expect you’ll have to make a decision whether your advertising policy of selling adspace to anyone is worth losing a lot of contributors posts and members.
Low posts and views equals lower revenue from advertising.

We reap what we sow.
Unlucky.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I’m using apple products and I’m here every day and have read that thread and did not get any pop ups or redirects...are you logged in completely or just browsing as a guest? Sent to IB.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I’m using apple products and I’m here every day and have read that thread and did not get any pop ups or redirects...are you logged in completely or just browsing as a guest? Sent to IB.

Tried both. The only way it did not exploit the phone is when java was turned off, however that made navigation troublesome.

I have just tried it this second, same thing just happened.This time on wheel bearing thread. I cleared all data from safari, went to the forum landing page. Logged in and went to the thread. Within a second, the pop up came.

link url
https://eu.bestgiftideasforfathersda...08262011204717

The only other thing to mention is the repeated privacy notice. Other than that, just the xss.
Totally unusable in Safari with the iPhone right now.

Last edited by divetheworld; 08-26-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Thanks...the techs from IB should chime in on this tomorrow

Old 08-27-2018, 10:55 AM
IB Staff
IB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond reputeIB Jose has a reputation beyond repute
This has been a widespread problem on mobile devices on both Android and iOS across a large part of the internet since around the holidays last year.

Ad networks sell inventory to partners who then sell to partners who then auction off advertising spaces, so these malicious ads are never intentionally displayed to users, and our business departments have been really hammering our ad partners to up their filtering and ad sources to be cleaner.

The problem with these ads is that they run such short campaigns we literally have no idea who's sending these through, and we've been running a manual spam filter service for a few months already--so if we start seeing more of these it will be a larger problem that we will have to address.

Please keep me posted on these ads.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Cool reply buddy. Much appreciated.