Need recommendation on paintless dent removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:06 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
MD Dents, Mark Davis... best guy, good prices, he is recommended by Moe from glistening perfection and i have used him and he is REALLY great. 714-264-9607

Old 10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
MD Dents, Mark Davis... best guy, good prices, he is recommended by Moe from glistening perfection and i have used him and he is REALLY great. 714-264-9607
+1 for Mark. He is THE BEST.

Ferrari/Maserati of Newport Beach (probably getting the name of the dealership wrong now) uses him exclusively.

He got a dent out of the roof of my dad's 2008 GranTurismo (dinged by transport co through out of state delivery) when two other guys couldn't do it.

Got a dent out of the light surround of my mom's Jaguar XJ8 when two other guys refused and said it couldn't be done

Etc.

He's not the cheapest, but he IS the best.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
gtr6speed is on a distinguished road
Anyone care to post before and after pics and prices?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gtr6speed
Anyone care to post before and after pics and prices?
My guy is actually coming tomorrow morning to fix my G55 and a couple small things on my Turbo. I'll post same day before and after pictures. The guy does an amazing job.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by notgood
My guy is actually coming tomorrow morning to fix my G55 and a couple small things on my Turbo. I'll post same day before and after pictures. The guy does an amazing job.
I'll actually post his name too. It just escapes me at the moment.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
gtr6speed is on a distinguished road
Used Dent Removal, james miller at 949-212-1584, for the 5th time.

Great work, fast, fair pricing and he drives to you.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Well I drove the GT3 there this morning and by 9:30am was back out minus one sharp crease-type dent on the driver side rear quarter. Great job for under $200; actually couldn't be better!!! I learned a lot in the process. Thinking now, it's hard to argue with a guy (and his brother apparently) who Foose have used (drawings hanging in the shop) and is ready to really explain to you the short-cuts, the mistakes, "good and bad," - very pleased.

Thanks!
I just came back after repairing 2 dents in my 911. Excellent job. Both Mark and Jeff are really good guys. Very easy to talk to and fair pricing. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommend.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Check out Dent Solutions, Dan Rhodes, mobile service, awesome, been doing it for years. Orange and LA County. 714-720-4789/714-544-6439

Old 08-23-2011, 02:06 PM
dentdude is on a distinguished road
I'll chime in here- If anyone in so cal needs quality PDR consider Superior. Location's in OC and LA, the IE and other states as well. Come to you too-

Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM
mdot is on a distinguished road
Ive used Steve's Auto Detailing in Newport Beach and they did an amazing job with Paintless Dent Removal and Detail! Car looks like it just came off the showroom floor!

http://stevesdetailingoc.com/index.php

Mike and Jake will take care of you!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
+1 for James Miller. He sent David out. A magician. Took 5 off the C2S and 4 more off a BMW. Fair price.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM
996garage will become famous soon enough996garage will become famous soon enough
For reference I thought I'd also share my experience with the Paintless Dent Repair that I just used on my brand new satin white pearl BRZ that was dented during truck transport from the dealer to my house.

I researched all the PDR places based on recommendations from a number of Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, GT86, etc... car forums, as well as all the highly rated ones on www.yelp.com and www.angieslist.com. I narrowed it down to ten of the best guys that had nothing but 100% positive ratings.
After spending hours researching on-line, I made my final decision based on the experience of the actual guy who would be doing the repair, as many PDR shops have several guys that do the repairs so you never really know who you'll get.

After completing the repairs, I would highly recommend Mark Davis. The work he did was excellent and I don't think anyone would see any hint of damage even staring closely at the fender. (as mentioned, he supports the OC Ferrari dealer with all of their dent repairs) Here's his website in case you're interested: www.mddings.com

His price was very reasonable for the high quality of work performed, and it actually came in under the original estimate. As Mark Davis said himself, "any PDR shop claiming they can only fix the dent to 90% perfect is just making excuses for inferior work." He is mobile, but similar to most guys, he will give 20% discounts if you group 3+ cars in one spot for repairs.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM
walt2810 will become famous soon enough
Mark Davis just removed several dings from my Boxster. 5 on the driver's side rear wheel well panel, 2 on the driver's door, & 1 big one that I did not even see on the passenger side door. Provided an estimate over the phone based on my descirption & came out to my work place. He did a walk around on the car & detected the door dings so I had him remove them all. Took over an hour & now the car is ding-free.
Most of the dings were self-inflicted by the kids & wife, now I will let everyone exit in the driveway before pulling into the garage with the family hauler!!!!

Mark is a true professional.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
ShanesG is on a distinguished road
As a PDR Tech, i recommend my inquiries that i cant make it to or can't travel to me to Jeff @Beach Cities PDR for the Garden Grove/HB Area. Good guy and does great work.

Also this quote is completely dependent on the type of dent you are fixing, it is simply just not true for all dents. If all he does is door dings and small dents i can see why he would say that, but for those of us who do large dents, it's not always the case. Also i've always disliked the percentage scale as every technician has a different view on what 85%,90%,95% is. What may be 90% to one may be 80% to another.

For example if you are doing a repair like the Acura i did below, while it may look near perfect to a non-tech it was about an 85% repair, based on my opinion of the % scale.

Attached Images   
Old 02-05-2019, 08:01 PM
turb0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any current recommendations circa late 2018 to 2019? Also, any recommendation for interior leather/paint restoration? I’m in the Orange/Tustin/Irvine area of OC?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need recommendation on paintless dent removal