Autocross with Child in Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:58 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Autocross with Child in Car?

I've reached out to a few local orgs and haven't gotten a response back. My 5 and 7 year old have been begging to go to the race track with me and figure an autocross would be a godo entry for them. But I can't find any info on if I can have them in the car. Both have helmets and would be secured into a 5 point child seat (would run with one at a time)

Old 03-05-2018, 09:36 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................I am thinking 'no' - was trying to find the rules and regulations about them, so I could quote it. I know you can have a passenger or instructor in the car with you, but my guess is that they will need to be at least 16. However, many autocross and DE events have what they call 'touring laps' which are usually during the lunch break or after the event is over for the day. Anyone of any age can ride for those. So, you can bring the kids and have them watch and then take them for a spin during lunch and after the afternoon session. If the event is not offering these, just ask whoever is in charge if there is an opportunity during the day to take them out on the track.

I am so very glad your kids are so excited about this - shows how proud they are of you!

https://www.pca.org/autocross-defined

Found this:
Track Tours (Parade Laps)

Regions may optionally implement a Track Tour program. This program allows Non-Students the opportunity to experience the track in a comfortable low-speed session. Passengers are allowed.

Requirements for the Participant(s):

The participant will be driving his/her own vehicle.
The driver participant must have a valid driver’s license, pay the region’s entrance fee, and must print & sign the appropriate insurance waivers.
All vehicle occupants must sign the appropriate insurance waiver. Under age participants (minors) must have a responsible adult print & sign the appropriate waiver for them, and shall use DOT approved restraints appropriate for their age & weight. All occupants will use at least DOT seatbelts.
Helmets are not required.
All vehicle doors must be securely closed and seatbelts securely fastened.
It is mandatory to keep speeds well below “track speed,” with a maximum speed of 60 mph.
No passing is allowed.
Requirements for the Region:

The Track Tour program will be run separately from other run groups and may be run without corner workers.
No passing is allowed during this session.
There will be enough pace cars well-spaced in the group to keep speeds below “track speed,” with a maximum speed of 60 mph. Pace car drivers must be at least 18 years of age and be appointed by the Region’s DE event management team.
Participating vehicles are not limited to Porsches. All participating vehicles must be either approved by the Chief Tech Inspector as generally roadworthy or have a valid state registration. Motorcycles and off-road vehicles are not allowed.
Note 1: If any of the above requirements are not met, PCA may choose to not insure the activity.

Note 2: Track Tours or Taste of the Track Programs would be subject to the rules and contractual terms of the individual facilities.

Last edited by 911Konigin; 03-05-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:47 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
thanks for the info bud!!!