Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:35 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Zippy
Looks like you could use that crank in a food processor to dice tomatos!
Actually we have been using it in the off time to make slushy margarieta's.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:39 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Chad.. we were talking today and I realized I forgot to ask you a bit more about your turbos. Are you using integrated waste gates or external like Buddy and Tyson used to (Alex does now). Just wondering because I thought you used to have external ones....

Old 10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Chad.. we were talking today and I realized I forgot to ask you a bit more about your turbos. Are you using integrated waste gates or external like Buddy and Tyson used to (Alex does now). Just wondering because I thought you used to have external ones....
Alex,

I am running internal waste gates. Sorry, I need to pass the visual and sniffer smog tests.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I'm not trying to be a wise ***, but I want to see thing running already, when and if I ever grow up I wanted to be like cjv.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Rave TT
I'm not trying to be a wise ***, but I want to see thing running already, when and if I ever grow up I wanted to be like cjv.
Rave,

I'd love nothing better than to see her running too. I've been waiting for so long that I'm a little numb about the whole thing.

S Car Go said I would have pics of the case assembly before Rob goes to Mexico for vacation. The motor should be back in the car in about three weeks. Then, it will be my luck the tuning will be the next issue.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Alex,

I am running internal waste gates. Sorry, I need to pass the visual and sniffer smog tests.
No no.. I understand. I'm doing the same thing. No Tial waste gates for me either Although I'd love to just dump the darn MAF etc... Are you still running the stock one?

You know what.. no jokes here but you could always buy that crazy done up motor that Todd has (a spare lol) that I was talking to him about today. Pop in that program and the car would be on the road in 3days with the EVO GT1000!

Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 PM
cjv
No no.. I understand. I'm doing the same thing. No Tial waste gates for me either Although I'd love to just dump the darn MAF etc... Are you still running the stock one?

You know what.. no jokes here but you could always buy that crazy done up motor that Todd has (a spare lol) that I was talking to him about today. Pop in that program and the car would be on the road in 3days with the EVO GT1000!
S Car Go has made a larger MAF housing. We haven't tried it yet. They successfully made larger housings for the 993tt's and I hope their magic works on my 996tt. As for the programming. Protomotive did my last programming several times. That was a year and a half ago and at that time they were never able to crack the 1.3 bar barrier. I know at the time GIAC had cracked it. EVO has a program for the GT3 turbo motor they are working on. I believe we are going to use that program for starters and go from there. The two motors are similar but different in many ways.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Hmm interesting idea on the MAF housing.... But how's that going to work with the V-Flow you were going to use?

Old 10-08-2005, 08:36 PM
cjv
Hmm interesting idea on the MAF housing.... But how's that going to work with the V-Flow you were going to use?
Too early to tell. We will try the MAF housing .................. if it works well then we will have a custom V-Flow made. If it doesn't work then no problem, we'll go with a stock one.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
man alive.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:35 AM
cjv
Thumbs up

Originally posted by fasteddiett
man alive.
eddie,

Just recently saw some pics of your GT2, it's beautiful.

As for KA, about all S Car Go did this week was clean the case. I was told that took about six hours. I wasn't expecting much done this week because Rob is trying to get things ready in the shop because he is going on vacation this coming week. So it doesn't look like any more pics until sometime between the 18th and the 21st.

This really isn't an issue as we won't be seeing the front/rear differencials and the new tranny until around October 31st.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:21 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by cjv
eddie,

Just recently saw some pics of your GT2, it's beautiful.

As for KA, about all S Car Go did this week was clean the case. I was told that took about six hours. I wasn't expecting much done this week because Rob is trying to get things ready in the shop because he is going on vacation this coming week. So it doesn't look like any more pics until sometime between the 18th and the 21st.

This really isn't an issue as we won't be seeing the front/rear differencials and the new tranny until around October 31st.
thanks...

Im just getting a little anxious here to see your car on the road....
Your gonna have to organize a bay area get together for her coming out party!!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:26 PM
cjv
Originally posted by fasteddiett
thanks...

Im just getting a little anxious here to see your car on the road....
Your gonna have to organize a bay area get together for her coming out party!!
There is a long list of people getting anxious ................ including myself. Organize a party Sounds like a great idea. As soon as it gets a little bit closer I'll start the planning. How many people do you think we would need to plan for?

Old 10-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by cjv
There is a long list of people getting anxious ................ including myself. Organize a party Sounds like a great idea. As soon as it gets a little bit closer I'll start the planning. How many people do you think we would need to plan for?
KA will have to bust her cherry on the two Alex's I know one thing, I might not be the fastest of the three but I can garantuee I'm the loudest

Old 10-09-2005, 10:28 PM
cjv
KA will have to bust her cherry on the two Alex's I know one thing, I might not be the fastest of the three but I can garantuee I'm the loudest
That will make for an interesting threesome. Maybe you could interest Todd @ EVO in bringing his puppy out here too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring