6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

SHANKENFELTER 07-17-2003 12:01 AM

Originally posted by cjv
The size of my Fikse wheels are 9.5" and 12.0".

The dyno run today was a little bitter sweet. We lost HP, it dropped from 614 to 588 rwhp. The torque went from 582 to 609 rwt.

At Infineon Dave Colman ran a 11.7, 11.6 and a 11.4. All his speeds were in the 126 mph. The car ran well with two exceptions. The tires were spinning on the wheels and the HP we lost. We believe the HP was lost due to the cryogenic bulbs. The bulbs had a 5% flow loss. We did not believe it would hurt but it did. It seems we lost about 5% of our HP. The bulbs will now be removed and we will try a double wall jacket over about three inches on the intake.

Duane ran a 11.5 at 125mph yesterday. I ran a 11:33 at 126mph. I guess all these cars produce the same results at the track no matter what you do.....until the SuperGT2 is done. :)

sharkster 07-17-2003 05:10 AM

Originally posted by cjv
The size of my Fikse wheels are 9.5" and 12.0".

The dyno run today was a little bitter sweet. We lost HP, it dropped from 614 to 588 rwhp. The torque went from 582 to 609 rwt.

At Infineon Dave Colman ran a 11.7, 11.6 and a 11.4. All his speeds were in the 126 mph. The car ran well with two exceptions. The tires were spinning on the wheels and the HP we lost. We believe the HP was lost due to the cryogenic bulbs. The bulbs had a 5% flow loss. We did not believe it would hurt but it did. It seems we lost about 5% of our HP. The bulbs will now be removed and we will try a double wall jacket over about three inches on the intake.

That 1.66 60 foot looked very sweet. On the tape (we heer some people going "Holy shiiiiiiit!!!!") when it happens. I wouldn't worry too much about the times/mph. Obviously you're down a little on power as you said but with it being as hot as it was, that head wind etc.. I asked around and it seemed like everyone was down on MPH and times. I could only do a 12.05 at 119, which is as poor as I've ever done with this set up:(

cjv 07-17-2003 06:35 AM

Ryan,

No excuses, the numbers don't lie. That is what it did with Dave Colman at the wheel. With a sixty foot time of 1.66, Dave didn't do too bad. It was the fastest car with license plates on the strip that day. It also beat many of the fully modified cars. Yesterday, even with the lost HP it would have been lucky to do an 11.2.

Looking back, the 720 HP Authority Stage V recorded a 11.8 in the Car and Driver Super Tuner Shootout. The whole time I was there I was hoping an Enzo would show, yet with it recording a 11.1 with Road and Track I might have been disappointed. Then again, what it would have done on at Infineon, on that day, under those conditions???? I guess we will never know.

Like sharkster said, it had the attention of much of the crowd. :D

SHANKENFELTER 07-17-2003 06:43 AM

Originally posted by cjv
Ryan,

No excuses, the numbers don't lie. That is what it did with Dave Colman at the wheel. With a sixty foot time of 1.66, Dave didn't do too bad. It was the fastest car with license plates on the strip that day. It also beat many of the fully modified cars. Yesterday, even with the lost HP it would have been lucky to do an 11.2.

Looking back, the 720 HP Authority Stage V recorded a 11.8 in the Car and Driver Super Tuner Shootout.

Hi,

The autothority (gray one with the gt2kit) did 11:33 @ 133mph.

Look at his trap speed.

Ken 07-17-2003 06:50 AM

WOW! Maybe I need a parachute for my car....

cjv 07-17-2003 06:50 AM

It says 11.8 @ 133. It also says 12.3 @ 132 for the Lingenfelter. Dave Colman did 11.4 @ 126.

Different tracks, different days. The numbers are beginning to sound like dyno numbers.:rolleyes: In a way though it does make sense. My torque was up (719 from 688 lb/ft) which would be reflected in a faster ET of 11.4, my HP was down (683 from 726 fwhp), which would be reflected in the slower top speed of 126 mph.

The good thing is we know how to regain the HP. As for torque, 609 foot pounds at the rear wheels currently hold the record for the 996tt. :D Your future Super GT2 now has something to shoot for, but you better move fast as my second motor is in the toaster.:cool:

SHANKENFELTER 07-17-2003 07:04 AM

Originally posted by cjv
It says 11.8 @ 133. It also says 12.3 @ 132 for the Lingenfelter. Dave Colman did 11.4 @ 126.

Different tracks, different days. The numbers are beginning to sound like dyno numbers.:rolleyes: In a way though it does make sense. My torque was up 11.4, my HP was down (683 from 726), which would be reflected in the ET of 126 mph.

The good thing is we know how to regain the HP. As for torque, 609 foot pounds at the rear wheels currently hold the record for the 996tt. :D Your future Super GT2 now has something to shoot for, but you better move fast as my second motor is in the toaster.:cool:

Hmm, ok, but in this video , they say 11:33@131mph. Thats pretty damn fast. Almost as fast as the upcoming SuperGT2

cjv 07-17-2003 07:11 AM

Isn't it amazing how a promotional video is faster than the independent eye witness. :confused:

SHANKENFELTER 07-17-2003 07:53 AM

Unless Autothority displays a timeslip, I am not convinced of any of their times.

buddyg 07-17-2003 10:09 AM

Chad,

As we have said before the 996 turbo is not much of a drag racing car and it bears this out to me when a 750 hp car cannot get under 11 seconds in the quarter mile. Properly set up for drag racing a car with that much horsepower and weight should be able to be in the low 10's?????????

I was at the track in Milan, MI over the weekend where many camaro's and mustangs were running 9 second quarter miles and yes some of them are dedicated drag racing cars but others were still run on the street. Now get that camaro on a road course with Chads car and forget about it!

I guess it comes down to setting up your car for what you want the most out of it.

How much horsepower are you aiming for with the new motor and what is the new motor?

Any pictures from the track?

:D

buddyg 07-17-2003 10:11 AM

Shank,

Who bought your car? What mods were done to it
and how much did it sell for?

What are your plans for the GT2?

Sorry for so many questions, just curious what I would have
to pay to get a car with similar performance. It is always cheaper to buy someone else's car with the mods done then doing them yourself!

SHANKENFELTER 07-17-2003 10:27 AM

Originally posted by buddyg
Shank,

Who bought your car? What mods were done to it
and how much did it sell for?

What are your plans for the GT2?

Sorry for so many questions, just curious what I would have
to pay to get a car with similar performance. It is always cheaper to buy someone else's car with the mods done then doing them yourself!

Where have you been the last year? Just keep a lookout for the SuperGT2

Autobahn 07-17-2003 11:14 AM

Chad,

I know you said that you would do the 1/4 mile only this one time but after all the issues with the loss of hp and the high temperature do you reconsider doing it once more?

sharkster 07-17-2003 12:25 PM

Originally posted by cjv
Ryan,

Looking back, the 720 HP Authority Stage V recorded a 11.8 in the Car and Driver Super Tuner Shootout. The whole time I was there I was hoping an Enzo would show, yet with it recording a 11.1 with Road and Track I might have been disappointed. Then again, what it would have done on at Infineon, on that day, under those conditions???? I guess we will never know.

I wouldn't read too much into those. Everyone I spoke to said they are 4-5 tenths of of their usual runs.... As you said, different circumstances, conditions etc... Either way, nobody there hit 10s that usually does. I think at Sacramento Raceway in "normal" weather and with no head wind the ticket tape would read a different story:) Good luck fixing that lil' dyno issue.

cjv 07-17-2003 06:35 PM

Autobahn,

We are going to make one more run when the bulb has been removed and the intake "Y" has been jacketed for the liquid CO2. This will regain the lost 5% flow and bring the HP back to about 620 rwhp. We are also going to add one other item. On the dyno curve we experienced a little dip at about 4800 rpm's. It rebounds and continues strong thru 7300. We believe this is vario cam related.

We don't intend to increase past maximum hp attained, however we do intend to eliminate the dip and replace it with a constant upward curve through redline. This will require an infinitely adjustable system starting at approx. 4800 rpm's and feathering out at approx. 6700 rpm's. The system will consist of adding a one to fifty shot of NOS as required to maintain the power curve.