6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

Mark @ AIM Performance 05-11-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Korea (Post 4714797)
The computer seems to have 8 injector outputs, and you have 12 injectors. Will some of the auxiliary outputs be used for this purpose?

yeah I saw that as well. I guess they could batch fire a second set of injectors using the other 2 outputs. however I thought they were using 6 on this build.

cjv 05-21-2018 09:42 AM

The build can go either way. It has a GT3 injector manifold and a modified GT3 injector manifold. Both will be tested on the engine dyno.

cjv 09-11-2018 04:21 PM

Last Monday, the motor was fired up. It was warmed up. RPM's did not exceed 2,500. It was then turned off and let cool.

Neil will now disconnect the exhaust and remove the covers and adjust the valves. We had spent about 60K designing and making billet cams several years back.This was detailed in this thread. The cams are single lobes with solid lifters. We need to make sure these babies are adjusted correctly. There were no oil or coolant leaks.

After a complete check Neil will re start the motor and finish the tuning process.

Sometime next week myself and Rob from Scargo Racing will fly down to Monrovia and observe the motor going through it's paces before it is crated and shipped back to Scargo Racing. It should be a plug and go installation as the motor was fitted and removed in a car in Monrovia several times to verify all points of connection, electronic connections and checked for chassis clearances.

cjv 09-13-2018 12:21 PM

I have spoke with Neil at Performance Development and Rob at Scargo. Neil said everything checked out perfect from the first warm up dyno. Rob is schedule to go to some event next week and then off to a well deserved vacation. Rob and I will fly down right after he returns from his vacation in early October to buy off on the final engine dyno.

dkp993 09-13-2018 08:41 PM

Nice. Should be fun to see when done. I’m sure you’re looking forward to that day.

racing 97 09-13-2018 08:55 PM

I here Monrovia and then

The motor is on the engine dyno at Performance Deveoplement
were is the dyno in Monrovia or CM where PD is what type is it rolling road ot engine brake.

Tony

cjv 09-15-2018 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by racing 97 (Post 4738608)
I here Monrovia and then were is the dyno in Monrovia or CM where PD is what type is it rolling road ot engine brake.

Tony

I have a correction. Performance Developments is located at 1643 Monrovia Ave in Costa Mesa CA.

A dyno that is coupled directly to an engine is known as an engine dyno. It is the only true way of knowing how much hp a engine produces without transmission, drive train, etc. As a note, once the engine is installed in the chassis, it will be tuned again on a chassis dyno,

dkp993 04-28-2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 4738867)
I have a correction. Performance Developments is located at 1643 Monrovia Ave in Costa Mesa CA.

A dyno that is coupled directly to an engine is known as an engine dyno. It is the only true way of knowing how much hp a engine produces without transmission, drive train, etc. As a note, once the engine is installed in the chassis, it will be tuned again on a chassis dyno,

Any updates cjv? Is she done yet? Thx.

KhanNSX 04-29-2019 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by dkp993 (Post 4779530)

Coincidental timing, I was checking back in after year/s(?) to see if it's done?

machinegunt 04-30-2019 12:25 AM

Hope you have it up and running! Been following this thread as long as I have had my 996 Turbo and am fascinated by your passion on this project! Can’t wait to hear an update! ����

dkp993 05-06-2019 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by dkp993 (Post 4779530)

@cjv

cjv 05-06-2019 10:01 AM

I truly sorry for the delay. We are not completed yet. There was some swapping of some engine management parts parts between Rob at S Car Go and Neil at Performance Developments. Neil now has everything he needs to proceed with final check out for the engine dyno testing.

I spoke with Neil last week and am awaiting his call that he is ready for myself and Rob to head down to his shop and witness the final engine dyno run.

dkp993 05-07-2019 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by cjv (Post 4780795)
I truly sorry for the delay. We are not completed yet. There was some swapping of some engine management parts parts between Rob at S Car Go and Neil at Performance Developments. Neil now has everything he needs to proceed with final check out for the engine dyno testing.

I spoke with Neil last week and am awaiting his call that he is ready for myself and Rob to head down to his shop and witness the final engine dyno run.

Thanks for the update. I admire your patience and look forward to hearing about and seeing the finished product.

cjv 05-18-2019 08:33 AM

I recently received the following e mail. The date he is referring to is the date to view the engine dyno runs.

Hello Chad,

Just wanted to let you know the harness is almost complete. We tested it and now it’s getting covered and sealed up.

Next week I hope to be in a position to set dates etc.

Have a great weekend,

nh

Kind regards,

Performance Developments
1643 Monrovia Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Frosty 09-12-2019 06:19 PM

CJV,
Any updates? Been following this build since the early 2000s. When did the project originally start? Would be great to see a full set of pictures, videos, build sheet and performance specs when all is said and done. What's the latest on turbo choice, power and responsiveness? Wishing you well.