Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

NJ Inspection with Flashed ECU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Boss77 is an unknown quantity at this point
NJ Inspection with Flashed ECU?

I am looking at a 2005 Porsche Turbo, where the owner says that Massachusetts will not give him an inspection sticker because a previous owner flashed the ECU with an aftermarket tune, which changed the checksum returned by the ECU (even though it passes emissions). He has since flashed the ECU to stock but the checksum still doesn't match what MA is looking for, but they will not tell him what that field is and Porsche is of no help.

Will NJ ECU check have the same issue?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:03 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure what the "check sum" is, but on the ECU there are readiness checks that need to cycle and on an aftermarket tune, sometimes they turn off the checks (o2 sensor, etc) so it doesn't throw a CEL.

In NJ, depending on your area, you can always try not running an inspection sticker if the cops in your area are cool with it. On my daily I let the sticker expire for years and no issue. On some of the toy cars, it depends on your luck, worst case a $200 no inspection ticket. Doesn't impact your ability to register the car, renew, etc.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
I know this is a older post, but to help out other people... I have no inspection on my 996 turbo. I have no cats on the car. Even though I have a tune on the car that ****s off the cel, it doesn’t let me pass inspection because it doesn’t set the “readiness” of the catalytic converters. In New Jersey they only test for emissions. So aslong as you have functioning catalytic converters, you’re fine.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor
AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Our tunes will pass NJ inspection, gaurenteed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.