Notices

Richard Mille, SteveH?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Richard Mille, SteveH?

Steve, since you have owned both the 005FM and a 002v2, what would you say to a 005RG versus a 010RG? Is the larger case really worth nearly $10K for the same movement? Would getting one of these be the equivalent of someone getting a 1960s Rolex Date just to say "I have a Rolex"?

Just wondering what the general consensus is on the "baby" RM watch. Were they a tough resell later on (I tend to change my mind frequently....)

Depending on which model, the 05 or the 10, there are some AP ROOs that could serve as options, but not sure which would be best. I like them both and almost had my mind made up for a ROO, but I just like the RM watches too (never been able to wear one, yet....)

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned
rijowysock is on a distinguished road
tried on the 005 FM as well as a 010 and i personally find the 005 wayy too small.. the 010 feels great tho.. id say go on ur taste rather tha price.

Last edited by rijowysock; 10-22-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
You have to try both on. Depends on expectation and wrist size. I have a WG05 and I am happy with its size. Altho, the RM10 feels nice to me as well since I have larger wrists Alot of smaller wristed patrons don't like the 10 cause it is too big for them.

You will be happy with either, it is my favorite watch. I think the movement is similar, just the 10 is more skeletonized and larger. Other than size, you just have to decide if the cost is worth it. You can get a great deal on a 05 right now. I myself will probly upgrade cause I have had the 05 for a couple of years now and am ready for something new.

(pic from Felipe Jordao shows the RM010 left and RM005 right:

other useful links:
http://richardmille.watchprosite.com...i-295681/s--5/
http://richardmille.watchprosite.com/?show=forumpost&fi=18π=1936725&ti=296048&msid=0&s=
http://richardmille.watchprosite.com...ti-295718/s-0/

Old 10-23-2007, 01:37 AM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough
which is the "size" jean todt wears all the time? the RM10? cause that looks huge on his wrist?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I just tried the 010 in RG last week looks great and sits well...my RBII ROO still makes the RM look small....I love his stuff..

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
first of all, they're not the same movement. There is a significant amount of skeletonization on the RM010.

As for the case size, it's really a matter of personal preference. I think I like the 5 size better, but to be fair, that's the one I have by far the most experience with.

As for Jean Todt, he usually either wears a 8 or 4 which is considerably bigger or a 9.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Dr.Peter: thank you very much for that picture! Looking at them both side by side, I actually prefer the case of the 5. The apparent thicker "bezel" of the 10 (espcially at 12' and 6') is not to my liking. "Skeletonization" is not something I am too fond of, though I admire its intricacies. I just wish I would have the opportunity to try one (RG05) first. The AP ROO is a tad too large for my liking, but I can pull it off. Thank you all for your comments and opinions. If anyone has a higher resolution of a RM010 vs. RM005 next to each other, please do share it.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GOB View Post
Dr.Peter: thank you very much for that picture! Looking at them both side by side, I actually prefer the case of the 5. The apparent thicker "bezel" of the 10 (espcially at 12' and 6') is not to my liking. "Skeletonization" is not something I am too fond of, though I admire its intricacies. I just wish I would have the opportunity to try one (RG05) first. The AP ROO is a tad too large for my liking, but I can pull it off. Thank you all for your comments and opinions. If anyone has a higher resolution of a RM010 vs. RM005 next to each other, please do share it.
look through here

http://richardmille.watchprosite.com/?fi=18

there are plenty of pictures.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
GOB
Thanks Steve. I made the mistake of first asking for the information and then looking at the links that Dr.Peter provided me with. So, anyone want two Rolexes (two tone sub, blue dial and a SS Daytona Zenith movement black dial) and a Cartier (two tone Tank Francaise) for a RM RG005?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
first of all, they're not the same movement. There is a significant amount of skeletonization on the RM010.
Steve, I was just filling until you got here. LOL

Other comparison Pics from purist JiaXian :

Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
GOB
Dr.Peter, thank you very much. I unfortunately bought yet another Rolex today, but still have my sights on the RG05. Besides the watches mentioned above that I need to sell to get the RM, add a two tone Daytona. As I mentioned on another post, I am officially nuts (well, that came from my wife today as soon as she saw the new piece...)

Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM
93 r1 is on a distinguished road
amazing pieces