New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
Smile New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

I'm new to this chat site, and this is my first post.
I hope I didn't break any posting rules using / copying my own material from another chat site. Thanks in advance to the moderators if you allow it to be cross-posted.

We have some very exciting news today! TommyJames and I were able to secure a new venue for displaying our cars, drinking coffee, etc. This is our version of Cars and Coffee, which we've started loosely calling Exotics at Redmond Town Center (RTC) located in beautiful downtown Redmond, Washington.

As many of your know that have been attending the saturday morning Exotics on Main, parking and safety are an issue, not to mention the noise we contribute to the neighborhood. There really is no room to grow there on Old Main Street, Bellevue.

Tommy and I researched for the best locations to meet; the criteria for the location are COFFEE!, food, a garage just in case of rain or wind, and a location that was far enough away from homes so to not bother anyone. And finally a parking lot that would allow us to grow, and a property management team that would allow us on their property without hassle.

The management at RTC has given us their blessing, and are welcoming us to use their parking lot, as intended. RTC will also be as supportive as possible, encourage car events when available, and just be all around good guys. They are willing to even put out the word about our cars to the press! How cool is that?

In return, RTC is expecting adult behavior from us, so please,—no burn outs until you get at least outside of the center. We also don't want attract the Redmond Police Dept. for the wrong reasons, now do we?
I want to make special note regarding the Marriott Hotel located on the property, to keep noise away from the hotel we should avoid driving down 164th, and suggest using Bear Creek road. This is the road that runs around the periphery of the property.

Weather permitting, the first weekend for Exotics at RTC is February 14.

We want to start showing up at RTC around 8:30am and hang around for an hour or two. There are a few of us that may begin the morning at the old place—EoM to get a pastry at 8am and then cruise or caravan down to RTC for the 8:30 meet.The nice part about the center is that you can decide to eat breakfast at Ruby's diner, a fifties style diner. For those folks that prefer Tully's over Starbucks, you can buy the coffee of your choice.

I would appreciate your helpful suggestions. This is an experiment for all of us, and by the way, we hope that we can draw other people from around the Puget Sound to attend. We know that RTC is not centrally located for everyone, but do hope you can at least make one of the weekends.
As with EoM, we'll post here to see if the meet is a go with the weather.

See you there!!!!!

Apple Sauce aka
Vic in Seattle
Ferrari 360

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sounds fun to me! i live only 5 mins from the towncenter. what area are you guys in the towncenter are you thinking of parking exactly? i'm sure if i drive around the area i'll spot you. i enjoy EOM in bellevue and the C&C in s. center has been fun too. i'm open to going to all kinds of events wherever they are located.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 02-08-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: whoops...fixed a spelling error. hehe
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
No burnouts..!!! Forget it I'm not coming then.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
This sounds like fun.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce

I would appreciate your helpful suggestions. This is an experiment for all of us, and by the way, we hope that we can draw other people from around the Puget Sound to attend. We know that RTC is not centrally located for everyone, but do hope you can at least make one of the weekends.
As with EoM, we'll post here to see if the meet is a go with the weather.

See you there!!!!!

Apple Sauce aka
Vic in Seattle
Ferrari 360
Vic,
From the diagram it looks like you're meeting in the lot just east of the Desert Fire restaurant. I don't remember that lot being that big. I'm assuming that they'll be some spillover to the surrounding lots?
There's definitely room to grow there. I'll make it out on the 14th for sure as the wife has a Mary Kay function in the morning.

Jodi, I thought you were doing the PCA Auto-X on the 14th?

James

Old 02-07-2009, 11:23 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^james,
i'm won't be going to autox that day, but i posted it up for others for them to see in case they wanted to go. =)

Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
So now we have EoM in Bellevue.
Winding Road in Tukwilla
and E@TC in Redmond.

All on Saturday morning at the same time.

Why can't we have more meets on Sunday mornings when I'm actually available!

Ah well. I'll try pulling some strings so I can make it!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mjf
So now we have EoM in Bellevue.
Winding Road in Tukwilla
and E@TC in Redmond.

All on Saturday morning at the same time.

Why can't we have more meets on Sunday mornings when I'm actually available!

Ah well. I'll try pulling some strings so I can make it!

E@tc is the new eom. Eom is moving. Like he said a few people are still meeting at 8 on main for some pastries, but then heading over to the town center.

Last edited by Hot Shot; 02-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 PM
You are correct, EoM is basically becoming E@RTC.
Tom and I walked over to the designated parking area, off hand it should hold about 20+ cars w/o any problems. The site map is a jpg so detail has been lost. The rest of the parking lot is available too. Out thought is to congregate at the corner of the lot and fan out as necessary. At 8:30a, we basically have the whole facility to ourselves. I supposed if the weather gets nasty, we can cruise into the parking structure for cover.

It should be a fun time!

Vic in Seattle

Old 02-07-2009, 05:42 PM
My car is far from exotic, but I love to come hang out, snap some photos and chat with folks.
Looking forward to it.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Will plan to come if the weather is nice - I always enjoy getting together with everyone - and if I am away, my husband can run out and buy my valentine!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
do you guys consider my '07 S550 (all stock parts - its a family car) an exotic car? if yes, i'll attend the meet on Feb 14th!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:13 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Everyone is welcome!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
okie! i think this is great...a meet for Seattle / Bellevue people!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by drpasteur
do you guys consider my '07 S550 (all stock parts - its a family car) an exotic car? if yes, i'll attend the meet on Feb 14th!
The primary focus of the event is Exotic cars, and that term can mean different things to different people. But we certainly want people to visit with us, talk about cars, etc.

There is no admission fee, all just for fun. We look forward to seeing you there!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center