Parts from Germany= Failure on my next JD POWER Surveys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Parts from Germany= Failure on my next JD POWER Surveys

Hi Guys,

I don't post often and nor do I like drama but this one got stuck in left field somewhere.
I'm a 991 GT3 owner as well as a 991TTs owner. The anticipation of waiting for delivery of my GT3 is one thing. Then the motor swap added 6 months; which became another.
During the wait for my GT3, I decided to pick up a 14TTS with 2500 miles to drive and enjoy the summer.
It became apparent the TTS had issues with the spoiler retraction. So it was dropped off at the dealer. First attempt was not the fix and a pump (for the spoiler system) was deemed the issue with the car. Needed to be ordered from Germany. In the meantime the display cluster reads not to drive over 50mph; and decided best to keep it there.
Its been well over 3 months! The best dialogue I received was Porsche does not feel it is important enough to pull this part from manufacturing and therefore it is backordered.
I contacted PNA to file a complaint or try to speed up this downtime. Kevin was my contact and he was useless. Never called me back for an update.
The dealer has been easy to work with, offered me loaners in the first month, and calls me weekly just to explain that there is no update.

7 months down in the GT3 and the TTS is approaching a 4 month birthday. Really? I mean, Seriously ?
I receive 2 JD Power surveys for these vehicles. I understand the issues when PNA addresses the recall with a GT3. But another higher end P-car down months over a part in germany is complete BS and ZERO return dialogue with PNA only irritates the situation. Idiots.

Not sure if this is my last two P-cars or not. But they are getting pooped on when it comes survey time.

Sorry to drop the drama bomb but need to vent somewhere. Anyone else have issues on newer Porsches under factory warranty ? I'm in Colorado and tempted to push legal but just heard that the part is "on its way" LOL. So I'll wait another 1-2 weeks.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well at least you can legally head over to the chill pill store and pick up some buds or edibles to help you smooth it out. Of course that doesn't solve your issue with the spoiler which seems really crappy to me. I don't deploy mine manually because I have had problems with low clearance cars in the past and don't want to take the risk. When I run the car fast, it deploys automatically and works fine so I have not pushed it beyond where the car really thinks it needs it.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Can you just deactivate the active-aero, leave the wing down, and keep driving the car until the parts arrive?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:43 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
I had the front spoiler replaced last week... my dealer had zero issue getting the parts, everything BUT the pump, from Germany and doing the replacement in approximately one week.

I drove it while the parts were on order, but got this message every time I exceeded 120kms/hr and it would stay.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:50 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by bbywu
Can you just deactivate the active-aero, leave the wing down, and keep driving the car until the parts arrive?
That was the first thing I tried so it would not have to live at the dealership. And any idea whether any part of a sub 200k car could "risk" malfunction, is simply unacceptable. It either works or its broke. Not rocket science, simply a case where a part, from Germany, needs to be pulled and sent for a down vehicle. In this case, it appears not important to help an owner get his car out of the shop and close their case. I hear open cases eventually go up the food chain so we'll see.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I had the front spoiler replaced last week... my dealer had zero issue getting the parts, everything BUT the pump, from Germany and doing the replacement in approximately one week.

I drove it while the parts were on order, but got this message every time I exceeded 120kms/hr and it would stay.

Yep, same message but I have lost all of the center console functions as well. Not sure why but its enough, for me, to leave it there in case another issue develops. At least the GT3 runs properly so I got wheels.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Lemon Law

If it has been at the dealer as long as you say in most states it would meet the lemon law criteria and you could get out of the car, which in your case might be a good thing.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Lemon Law

Yes. As a dealer of a different OEM and knowledge of state statues, I'm somewhat familiar with my rights in Colorado. Calling 800 Porsche is a joke. No disclosure of status on part required to fix. Only dealer can provide that and at this point, fingers are pointing at OEM. Far past the 90 day deadline per Colorado regulation.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM
cool flash is on a distinguished road
It is now time to turn this matter over to your lawyer and let Porsche have it.

Sometimes that is the only approach that works with big corps.

Regards,

CF

Old 10-22-2014, 03:57 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Pcna

I'm having some issues with my new car & have talked to our dealer a couple of times. Called PCNA & they called me back, however when I pressed them for dealing with the problem, they told me they're a liaison between customer & the dealer & the dealer has to sort it out. That's crap, b/c I've tried that with limited success thus far.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Lemon Law

Originally Posted by RcmaGTR
Yes. As a dealer of a different OEM and knowledge of state statues, I'm somewhat familiar with my rights in Colorado. Calling 800 Porsche is a joke. No disclosure of status on part required to fix. Only dealer can provide that and at this point, fingers are pointing at OEM. Far past the 90 day deadline per Colorado regulation.
Lack of solution by dealer and/or PCNA is very disconcerting. Don't know your lemon law procedure and initiating action under it will probably be met with further resistance, but at this point what are the options?

Old 10-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Ive attained counsel. Not too excited it has to go to this but ignorance is bliss it appears. I'll report back next week on legal actions taken; if any was necessary.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Fantastic update:
The pump replacement that was ordered and supposed to arrive last week, never showed. No information if the part was ever made. No status in the dealer's POS system; nothing. Dealer was very frustrated so they went ahead and ordered an entire front assembly; which says is "available" from Germany. My attorney will eat this up. It looks really bad when the part I needed was not pulled from manufacturing NOR was it pulled from replacement parts bin such as a front assembly. Why not pull the pump from the assembly ? Because Porsche policy dictates against this. Unbelievable priority to keep the pump with the front assembly rather than help a customer without car. The assembly was ordered.
1. fix the damn car or 2. give me my money back