Questions for 991 Targa Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
wow....I've been looking at Porsches again since I need the 2 rear seats for my little ones but never even thought of the Targa's....been considering the convertible but am worried about the wear and fading of the roof!! Where do you store the top??

Old 07-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by panameraph
Off topic... How do u compare the rear seat space between the E and cayenne?

I am struggling to replace my p4s with targa... The rear seats are just too useful..really curious the difference between 911 and p4s in performance and fun to justify the switch..
The rear space is very limited especially if the driver/passenger are fairly tall....when we took our kids for a ride it was horrible because they were still in car seats so I had to have the driver seat fairly far up which made driving very uncomfortable, but my kids are now on booster seats which should make things allot more comfortable for everyone

Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Banned
panameraph is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thor7000
The rear space is very limited especially if the driver/passenger are fairly tall....when we took our kids for a ride it was horrible because they were still in car seats so I had to have the driver seat fairly far up which made driving very uncomfortable, but my kids are now on booster seats which should make things allot more comfortable for everyone
Tough decision to go to 911 whenever seeing the little ones sleep so soundly at the p4s back seat

Old 07-28-2014, 07:38 AM
agreed.....I've been all over the place as to what I should get next, trade the Cayenne in for another one or move to a Panamera, but I want a true sports car feel again so have been considering the 911 again.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by panameraph
Off topic... How do u compare the rear seat space between the E and cayenne?

I am struggling to replace my p4s with targa... The rear seats are just too useful..really curious the difference between 911 and p4s in performance and fun to justify the switch..
I actually feel there is more rear seat space in the the e class, than my cayenne. Someday down the road we will trade both the e class and cayenne turbo for a panamera. We were thinking of doing that instead of getting the targa, but I wanted a sports car I could drive on a little more regular basis than my gt3, or CS.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
wow....I've been looking at Porsches again since I need the 2 rear seats for my little ones but never even thought of the Targa's....been considering the convertible but am worried about the wear and fading of the roof!! Where do you store the top??
I hope the question of where to store the top is a trick question! If not I suggest searching YouTube under 991 targa. My two kids are in booster seats and have also enjoyed the car. There is a little more wind in the rear seats vs the fronts, and it is easier for them to get in with the top open.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	397773  
Old 07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Targa2015 will become famous soon enough
Some nice cars in the background as well. Kids look like they are enjoying the new ride!

Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Joeacc
I hope the question of where to store the top is a trick question! If not I suggest searching YouTube under 991 targa. My two kids are in booster seats and have also enjoyed the car. There is a little more wind in the rear seats vs the fronts, and it is easier for them to get in with the top open.
yup sorry....I haven't been following the new 991 models as much until I came across this thread and saw the Targa for the first time, I thought it was like an actual "T" top until I googled it....it is friggen awesome!! I love it!!

Old 08-01-2014, 03:48 PM
So I called a local dealer inquiring about the new Targa's, they pretty much are built to order and no dealers plan to carry any stock....is that true?? I would love to see one up close before I pull the trigger.....the sales rep also mentioned that Porsche will only build 500 from now until 2016 and then they will stop production....?? Is there any truth to that because it would really make them valuable down the road in my opinion.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:43 PM
So I called a local dealer inquiring about the new Targa's, they pretty much are built to order and no dealers plan to carry any stock....is that true?? I would love to see one up close before I pull the trigger.....the sales rep also mentioned that Porsche will only build 500 from now until 2016 and then they will stop production....?? Is there any truth to that because it would really make them valuable down the road in my opinion.
My understanding is the dealers had each gotten a launch car initially which by now are probably sold. I could have had our dealers. Test drove it but special ordered my own. The launch car sold within 2 weeks and it never made the lot, just the showroom. I don't think they are ordering cars to sit as they do with the coupes and cabs. So the first part of your post I think is correct. I had contact with 2 dealers locally.

As far as 500 total, I am not sure why that would be the case. I would be happy to hear it but have not heard that before.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Targa2015....where in Florida are you??

Old 08-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Targa2015....where in Florida are you??
Tampa Bay. Former home of David Price. Heartbreaking trade for us !

Old 08-01-2014, 07:35 PM
hinckley will become famous soon enough
My sales guy told me that there is a fair amount of wind buffeting at speed without a cab-like wind deflector. Can any owners comment on that?

Old 08-02-2014, 08:09 PM
It is my understanding that Porsche will not be making a considerable amount of the 991 targa. That each dealer's allocation was approximately one or two per year. This was one of the contributing factors for me to pick up my dealers launch car right as it rolled off the truck. I knew if I didn't, someone else for sure would. Took it for a nice long drive again last night and still feeling I made the correct choice in buying it. I have usually purchased a several year old used car, never brand new. It was a big jump for me.
As far as the wind buffeting, it is not bad at all in my opinion. There is a wind deflector that you can manually pop up that does reduce the buffeting under 55mph. It's located right on top of the windshield.