Born to Be Mild: Porsche 991 Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
edtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Born to Be Mild: Porsche 991 Spy Shots

Check out these new 991.5 spy shots here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...ild-refreshes/

Thanks for clicking!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
ReconTrojan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by edtahaney
Check out these new 991.5 spy shots here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...ild-refreshes/

Thanks for clicking!

I too fully expected the quad LED headlights in the refresh.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Not sure I like the vents over the engine, and can't believe it would be a 4 cylinder turbo. Also would like the running lights of the 918.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Is it just me, or the "disquise" styling job on this mule, or are the rear tailights actually bigger, like the pre-991 997's? Especially near the center of the rear, it seems that they are taller/fatter.

Also, what is the function of the vents in the rear cover, behind the wheel arch? brake venting, or exhaust heat from the mufflers? As it is in my C4S, a ton of small rocks and road debris kicked-up by the sticky rear tires end up hitting the mufflers in that area, and if those new vents are open would send it flying out onto the road behind me! Maybe the update will include plastic wheel arch covers, like on the fronts?

Last edited by plenum; 08-29-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jawells1
Is it just me, or the "disquise" styling job on this mule, or are the rear tailights actually bigger, like the pre-991 997's? Especially near the center of the rear, it seems that they are taller/fatter.
I know we've heard that the new Macan style lights will be pushed across the line, but I was hoping they would at least keep the shape of the taillights the same - just add all the 3D bits to make them like the Macan lights.

I like the slim style - I wish they'd stop messing with things that are just right. Just look at my avatar picture - SO pretty!

I'm also not a fan of what they did with the rear lights on the 997.2 transition, but that's just my opinion of course.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:12 AM
K997 will become famous soon enoughK997 will become famous soon enough
I'm digging the rear bumper. A nice throw back to the only 996 variant that actually looked decent and non-vomit inducing (other than Turbo): the C4S.