Is Porsche performance running out of gas ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
wow, no wonder why so many people think porsche owners are d-bags. base models are for poser? do Z06 owners say this about the base corvettes? the current base 991 out performs the non-base 997...what does that make 997 owners who haven't upgraded?

Old 09-02-2014, 02:03 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Logimind
I think that base models are for posers and its a great car as an entry car to porsche brand. Thats is all that base cars provide. They are also great women driver cars. Thats all.

I think people who buy more horsepower than they can use to "feel like a man" are posers.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onapex
the current base 991 out performs the non-base 997...what does that make 997 owners who haven't upgraded?
That's very incorrect in regard to the 997.2 S. It's close with the 997.1 S.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I think that base models are for posers and its a great car as an entry car to porsche brand. Thats is all that base cars provide. They are also great women driver cars. Thats all.
Get off your high horse

Old 09-02-2014, 07:40 AM
tx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of light
An argument can be made that the purist Porsche is a base 991 MT with few options. You will not win "blog" racing but the smiles per miles is great. Any more performance is useless on the street and if you want to race, pick up a race car with roll cage, fire extinguisher .......The 1950s and 1960s Porsches that are bringing well over 100K at auctions didn't have amazing acceleration for their day.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
wow, no wonder why so many people think porsche owners are d-bags. base models are for poser? do Z06 owners say this about the base corvettes? the current base 991 out performs the non-base 997...what does that make 997 owners who haven't upgraded?
I think it is that poster is really the d-bag, and honestly his post was sort of a WTF? Not sure if the point was that base 991's were posers or entry model porsches (Boxters/Caymans..) but for the most part it wasn't worth even responding to as he just appears to be a troll.

Base 991's are fine cars to anyone who knows how to drive one..

Old 09-02-2014, 10:00 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Under which bridge is it that you live?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Actually I think zo6/zr1 owners say the same thing lol.

I rarely ever see a base corvette. Always a grandsport. If I see a base corvette it is someone even younger than me or a woman. But that could certainly be different every where else, that's just how it is in my area, while I am on the road.

Now stingrays are another story. I have seen many from all sorts of people. But that stingray really has some incredible performance that the base c6 never had in it's time, when compared to its competitors at the time.

Last edited by speedsterr; 09-02-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tx11
An argument can be made that the purist Porsche is a base 991 MT with few options. You will not win "blog" racing but the smiles per miles is great. Any more performance is useless on the street and if you want to race, pick up a race car with roll cage, fire extinguisher .......The 1950s and 1960s Porsches that are bringing well over 100K at auctions didn't have amazing acceleration for their day.
In fact my 1956 Packard would easily beat my 1963 Porsche to 60.

ChuckJ

Old 09-02-2014, 02:43 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Grow up people.

Just listen to yourselves for a minute and you'll understand why the cliche about Porsche owners holds strong to this day.

No, it's NOT the best car in the World. It has issues and room for improvement like every other machine ever built.

It's like listening to a bunch of 5 year old boys...

Last edited by dux; 09-02-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:41 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by STG958
What good is power if you don't know how to use it?

http://youtu.be/1pgm8I0B8bY
Bless you. First time I've seen that. LMFAO