New 991 GT3 REVIEW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheGetawayer
Manufactures don't like too see this kind of footage, when one approaches traffic at a high speed eventhough it's not really a problem with those breaks Just appears dangerrous, I guess

The ride was actually pretty good imo...Similiar to a 991 with sport suspension in the normal mode...So decent for road use
Obviously with the GT3, there's no rear seats so is the motor mounted any closer to the front? Surprised Porsche hasn't flipped the motor and gearbox making it a true mid engine car like the Carrera GT and 918. It's got the space for it. Maybe that'll be the next generation GT3!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Very nice job on the review.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
As always, one more great review form the Getawayer. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:59 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the review. Just two days prior to your review I ordered mine also in Guards Red to be produced Nov 14 and Jan 15 delivery. I find the gt3 forum on rennlist to be the most active for this specific car. Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:45 PM
BenDiem is on a distinguished road
Getawayer,

Thanks for your very informative review. Your review of the AMG Edition 507 convinced me to purchase one. I went to my local dealer asking about the 2015 allocation for a GT3; crickets, lol...

Your review of the 991 Turbo has me considering it as well.

Tks again for your epic reviews.

Danke und Alles Gute,

BB

Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Loved the review, very informative and entertaining. Now that I have my Targa I see how spot-on your impressions were and no doubt I'll feel the same when I experience the GT3. But now I can't watch any more of your reviews cause I'm out of $$ for new cars :-))

Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Steve997S
Obviously with the GT3, there's no rear seats so is the motor mounted any closer to the front? Surprised Porsche hasn't flipped the motor and gearbox making it a true mid engine car like the Carrera GT and 918. It's got the space for it. Maybe that'll be the next generation GT3!
The interior dimensions are exactly the same as all other 911 models. If only I could find a way to retrofit some back seats in there for the kids Id be all over the GT3. Hmmmm?

Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 AM
TheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to beholdTheGetawayer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fergie
Loved the review, very informative and entertaining. Now that I have my Targa I see how spot-on your impressions were and no doubt I'll feel the same when I experience the GT3. But now I can't watch any more of your reviews cause I'm out of $$ for new cars :-))

If only the people at Porsche would read such comments and wouldn't give me such a hard time getting press cars...

I really appreciate all your feedback, guys !

Old 09-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Great review as always, my wife even was watching and commenting that this may be a good next car. Thanks for posting.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious would it be considered a good car to get if you have no intention of tracking the car?

Old 09-21-2014, 11:38 AM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Just curious would it be considered a good car to get if you have no intention of tracking the car?
Great question...
I'm interested in responses and opinions too.

By the way, excellent review Getawayer! Thanks for taking the time.
My favorite part of the video: watching your reaction at 4:35!

Last edited by BlazinPond; 09-21-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Getawayer: you're getting better at it, each time I see your review; especially your English speaking / narration is perfect this time around; really a job well done with this review. Nice editing and professional narration - excellent review!!

Old 09-21-2014, 03:13 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Good review.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:40 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Everything I've read has made mention that below 6k rpm, there isn't much difference between the gt3 and 2s/4s performance wise. Now above 6krpm is where u definitely will notice a difference. So I think the answer depends on how you like to drive the car.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
I think the short answer would be no. The ride will be on the stiff side and you will need to drive hard to get the car moving. This is a track car in my opinion..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3 REVIEW