GTS Build Questions and Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 10:23 AM
moje911 is on a distinguished road
The PDLS's dynamic aspect adjusts the low beam slightly for more range, but not to the height of hi-beams.

Yes hi-beams shouldn't be used in fog, but I am speaking of clear weather, say driving through windy country roads.
In which case I would prefer to have the PDLS+ that was available as an option on my 2014, that I didn't get.

I'd rather not have to adjust the lights when an oncoming car is approaching around a blind corner.

So I would definitely get the PDLS+ for that feature alone.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Green Hornet
Chris -

I recently found myself is a very similar situation. My dealer got a beautiful new GTS in white even. It was missing a few options I would like to have had. I bought it anyway. I quickly realized that some items are nice but you don't miss them for long in such a fantastic car. Also it was so much better financially to take the car off the lot versus ordering one.

One thing for sure - don't miss out on getting a GTS they won't be available for long.

Either way good luck.

You're absolutely right. When I was working out a deal on a 2015 GTS from an east coast dealership (same one without keyless), I decided that some of these smaller options that I'd "want" were really creature comforts that I was willing to pass on. A number of things went sour with the deal, and I realized that I can order a 2016 GTS for pennies more based on what I negotiated with local dealerships.

So, instead of settling, I went for the 2016 allocation.

But yes, I do see your point. Hell, my 2013 C2S had an exterior/interior color combo that I had not even considered. I ended up falling in love with it.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:18 PM
pandawest is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
You're absolutely right. When I was working out a deal on a 2015 GTS from an east coast dealership (same one without keyless), I decided that some of these smaller options that I'd "want" were really creature comforts that I was willing to pass on. A number of things went sour with the deal, and I realized that I can order a 2016 GTS for pennies more based on what I negotiated with local dealerships.

So, instead of settling, I went for the 2016 allocation.

But yes, I do see your point. Hell, my 2013 C2S had an exterior/interior color combo that I had not even considered. I ended up falling in love with it.

What was the cut-off time to order a new 2016 GTS?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pandawest
What was the cut-off time to order a new 2016 GTS?
I don't think we've hit a cut-off just yet. There are some dealerships claiming to have open (or changeable) allocations up to the end of November. That is, the "lock in" date when you can no longer modify the build.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Found out CDN GTS builds were sold out 2-3 months ago. If you have a week 52 build in the system you can make changes until week 46 or so.

I am going for the 2015 Carrera 4 GTS I've been looking at. Its very close to what I would have built anyway. Put a deposit in it today, feels good knowing a I have a 991 GTS secured.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:16 AM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
Found out CDN GTS builds were sold out 2-3 months ago. If you have a week 52 build in the system you can make changes until week 46 or so.

I am going for the 2015 Carrera 4 GTS I've been looking at. Its very close to what I would have built anyway. Put a deposit in it today, feels good knowing a I have a 991 GTS secured.

Beautiful car. And those look like ceramic brakes too

Old 10-06-2015, 06:19 AM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MagicRat
Beautiful car. And those look like ceramic brakes too
PS keyless entry? Really? That said I wouldn't buy a Porsche now that didn't have Burmester, and many people don't care about that because they only listen to the car. To each their own I guess. I too feel very pleased to have one of the last NA 3.8s and am going to keep it for a very long time.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:45 PM
drsubie is on a distinguished road
Awesome color combo--mine is exactly the same, minus the aerokit package and ceramic brakes...

I got my 2015 GTS for ~12k below msrp through a dealer in Tacoma, WA. Traded in a souped up Subaru STI that they got me on, but such is life.

There were 2 options that I also would have wanted on my car--entry & drive and auto-dimming rear view. Like many others, couldn't believe a >$100k car didn't have something that is standard fare in Kias... having said that, though, I don't miss them too much. The fact you still have to turn a dummy key spoils it for me (though it does add to the driver involvement)...

congrats on your new car

Old 10-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Gorgeous car, and congrats! Glad it all worked out for you. Can't wait to join you and the rest of the GTS club soon.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by drsubie
Awesome color combo--mine is exactly the same, minus the aerokit package and ceramic brakes...

I got my 2015 GTS for ~12k below msrp through a dealer in Tacoma, WA. Traded in a souped up Subaru STI that they got me on, but such is life.

There were 2 options that I also would have wanted on my car--entry & drive and auto-dimming rear view. Like many others, couldn't believe a >$100k car didn't have something that is standard fare in Kias... having said that, though, I don't miss them too much. The fact you still have to turn a dummy key spoils it for me (though it does add to the driver involvement)...

congrats on your new car
Thanks, I am in Seatac often, maybe i'll see you down there.

Yes, aerokit, ceramics, PASM sport, no sunroof coupe. Love it. No entry and drive or back up cam (but there is a cool button on the remote that unlocks the doors... ) but it has Burmester, 18 way, and Alcantara so it works for me. Several in the country (ones that are left) have Alcantara deleted, for me its makes it a GTS. I love it especially on the steering wheel.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Gorgeous car, and congrats! Glad it all worked out for you. Can't wait to join you and the rest of the GTS club soon.
Thanks. I looked at one in GT Silver, gorgeous color. But it had carmine red all leather (no alcantara) interior and was low on options. Couldn't do it. Post some pics of yours when you get it!

Old 10-08-2015, 02:59 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
That white GTS looks so hot. It's an amazing car, with or without Porsche Entry and Drive!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Thanks. I looked at one in GT Silver, gorgeous color. But it had carmine red all leather (no alcantara) interior and was low on options. Couldn't do it. Post some pics of yours when you get it!
I definitely will! I wasn't able to see a GT Silver GTS in person, but I drove all around SoCal and also googled the hell out of any pictures I could find.

I saw quite a few Turbos and other models that were GT Silver; such a gorgeous, complex color. It really has a unique look in different lighting conditions.