911 Refresh Officially Announced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:35 PM
smartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to all
911 Refresh Officially Announced

The refresh with official photos: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/06/2...carrera-turbo/

Porsche microsite: http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911/usa.aspx

Last edited by smartbot; 09-07-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:16 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Decent upgrades, but I'm still attracted to the 991.1 rear end, and would take it over this. The combination of the vertical engine louvers and the revised taillights give the rear end a more slanted/slouchy look. Is isn't as sleek as the 991.1.

I'm sure we'll get used to it in a few weeks/months.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:11 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
$5000 more for 20 more hp? A BMW M3 with 435 hp and 400lbs of torque is available for $65k vs 370hp and 331 lbs torque for the base 911. Porsche doesn't seem to realize they have competition. After 22 years of brand loyalty I just can't anymore. I'm tired of the slow drip of power increases and paying more for less.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
So no center exhaust pipes that we have seen in all the photos?

Old 09-07-2015, 06:48 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Decent upgrades, but I'm still attracted to the 991.1 rear end, and would take it over this. The combination of the vertical engine louvers and the revised taillights give the rear end a more slanted/slouchy look. Is isn't as sleek as the 991.1.

I'm sure we'll get used to it in a few weeks/months.
-1 on the vertical louvers! Not a fan either.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:17 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
I'm not feeling it. The new design from the front looks more boxster/cayman, and the vertical louvers with new tail light design visually narrows the rear.

Options are going to put this new C2S in the $130K range too.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:34 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael_s
So no center exhaust pipes that we have seen in all the photos?
Most of the photos on Porsche's USA website show the more centered exhaust pipes.

I wonder if that's now part of the sport exhaust option.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:35 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I was right... just found this:

"New optional sport exhaust system with central tailpipes announces where the 911 feels at home: on the racetrack."

Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
They are basically forcing you to buy the upgraded wheels as the base ones are hideous. The sound sample on the website is disappointing, there is character loss there definitely.

The interior improvements are nice, the steering wheel is much improved.

Now that they are all turbos, do they drop the turbo line?

Old 09-07-2015, 09:18 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tromero
$5000 more for 20 more hp? A BMW M3 with 435 hp and 400lbs of torque is available for $65k vs 370hp and 331 lbs torque for the base 911. Porsche doesn't seem to realize they have competition. After 22 years of brand loyalty I just can't anymore. I'm tired of the slow drip of power increases and paying more for less.
When these cars hit the dyno, it will be discovered that they are a lot more than +20hp.
(I think S RWHP will be higher than the M3.)
It took 30hp to improve GTS 0-60 by 0.1s. These cars are a conservative 0.2s faster.
Also, 10s faster, on ring suggests much more than 20hp, unless you think the the 10s is from RWS.

Last edited by lunarx; 09-07-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flyanddive
They are basically forcing you to buy the upgraded wheels as the base ones are hideous. The sound sample on the website is disappointing, there is character loss there definitely.

The interior improvements are nice, the steering wheel is much improved.

Now that they are all turbos, do they drop the turbo line?
Not a chance. The Turbo will remain; it's a matter of convincing the customer that the highest trim of the 911 line is still the most "special." I don't think they'll have a problem, as the power output is much higher than a Carrera model.

Originally Posted by lunarx
When these cars hit the dyno, it will be discovered that they are a lot more than +20hp.
(I think S RWHP will be higher than the M3.)
It took 30hp to improve GTS 0-60 by 0.1s. These cars are a conservative 0.2s faster.
Also, 10s faster, on ring suggests much more than 20hp, unless you think the the 10s is from RWS.
Absolutely. The horsepower increase is minor, but the combination of more HP and more torque through a wider powerband means that the car will be quicker. 10 seconds on the Ring is a major achievement, even if it is due mostly to RWS.

Without turning this into a "The 911 is slow/fast" thread (which it will inevitably become), most people fail to realize that you're not buying a Carrera/Carrera S for straight line speed. They're all-around sports cars that excel on AND off-track because of great engines, great traction, and low weight.

If you want a red light drag racer that you can brag about to your friends, go and spend $60,000 on a 2015 GT500 and run slicks on the street. You'll get what you're looking for.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Its all official now. The 2 separate tailpipes are for "S". I'm assuming same would apply to "4S" etc...
I'm digging the interior...the new PCM seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of current. Can't wait to see it in next year cayenne (looking at turbo...)

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911...plink=fallback

Last edited by Fester; 09-07-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:55 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Its all official now. The 2 separate tailpipes are for "S". I'm assuming same would apply to "4S" etc...
I'm digging the interior...the new PCM seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of current. Can't wait to see it in next year cayenne (looking at turbo...)

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911...plink=fallback
Maybe not. I have seen pictures of the S with the quad pipes also. I think as others have said the 2 center pipes are for sport exhaust.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:32 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I really like the new tail lights and I love the new steering wheel. Want to see what the improvements are to the infotainment system but most importantly I really want to test drive one and see how the engine feels and sounds ...

So far the only thing I see that has no use for me is the front lift system for more ground clearance I don't remember once in my over 3 yrs with my car ever hitting the front spoiler on anything though I have only the regular pasm so maybe those with sport pasm might find a need for it.

I'm on the fence on the vertical rear vents, kind of leaning against it but it could be just something you need to get used to.

Overall I'm sure in person this bad boy is going to be awesome !!

Old 09-07-2015, 02:34 PM
kiryu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tromero
The bmw has 4 doors and is 400-500lb more... How is that a comparison with the 911? Why don't we start comparing hellcats stingray and mustang gt350?
Yep porsche sure as hell is expensive because pple still pay for it...we should all stop buying P cars and make their sales drop to jaguar levels that will force them to give discounts and be aware of competitions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 Refresh Officially Announced