996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transmission Mount Insert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
Erik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the rough
Okay so here is the update on this new part.

In order to ensure that we never run into an issue with this not fitting correctly we are going install these into a new mount, and send this out as a complete plug and play unit. You will be responsible for sending your old mount back, as well as a small core fee, to ensure that you send it.

I will be taking pictures of the finished product here either later today, or tomorrow at the latest. I am happy to be able to help everyone with this, sorry for the delay in getting back to this post, I have been pretty sick recently with a sinus infection.

****A important note on this part**** This will essentially act like a solid mount, it will be felt and should be considered a racing upgrade.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxle
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com

Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
darn it... just got the 997 mount.

FYI these are the same guys that do the 2nd gear pop out fix. inexpensive preventative maintenance.

looking forward to hearing customer experiences

Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
How hard to get tran mount out? (sorry newbie for this.)

Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
It's easy, there is a DIY posted in this section where the user put window weld in the hole, I think it's linked in the earlier pages of this thread. It details how to get the mount on and off.

I will post pics when I get the unit. (should be end of the week).

Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Thanks. You're awesome.
Originally Posted by heavychevy
It's easy, there is a DIY posted in this section where the user put window weld in the hole, I think it's linked in the earlier pages of this thread. It details how to get the mount on and off.

I will post pics when I get the unit. (should be end of the week).

Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
Erik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the rough
So here we go with some pics.

Hey there everyone,

Here are the pics of the mount that we have made up to replace the OEM mount.

Let me know what you think.

Erik Johnson

Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I think it's great, especially if that's mine.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
silvershark will become famous soon enough
Looks Good!

Sweet! Is it for sale?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
yep we will be offering these to everyone here shortly. How we are going to work this is a the parts themselves will cost $200.00, it will be sent out as a completely installed, into a replacement mount, but will also have a $100.00 core fee to ensure that we receive your current mount back. Shipping will be in addition to this of coarse.

HeavyChevy- yep that one pictured is yours. I will be sending it out to you today and you will get it on Friday. Thanks for your patience with us on this, it took us a little longer to make, we wanted to make sure that it was perfect for you.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com

Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Finalized product...But new core fee.

Hey there everyone,

I wanted to update everyone here. We have the finalized product ready now. We have had to update the pricing for future orders just a bit to ensure that we receive the core mount back in a timely fashion.

I have a couple of more pics for you all too.

Cost is going as follows: $200.00 for the new replacement mount with installed solid delron mounts, which did not change, however we need to raise the core fee cost just a bit, again for the already mentioned reasons. The new core fee is $175.00.

Here are a couple of pics of the finalized product.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com

Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
How hard are the bushings to install? Need a press? Asking cos Intl. shipping will cost more than the parts. thanks

Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
Yep you would need a press for these and I would be concerned with getting the new mounts installed correctly without damaging them. I would be happy to sell you the complete unit though without core for $375.00 USD plus shipping. That way you would not have to worry about sending your core back to me.

Let me know if this will work for you.

Erik Johnson
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com
mail@gboxweb.com

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
That looks excellent Eric. They will certainly be put to good use.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Can someone let me know how hard it is to get to the mount?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
Can someone let me know how hard it is to get to the mount?
Depends on one's skill level / access to tools, etc.. If working in the drive way on jack stands you might wanna have the beer handy just incase
tranny-mounts-motor-mounts-brake-duct-pics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transmission Mount Insert