996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports Rocks Sebring!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Gilhart Racing is on a distinguished road
Evolution Motorsports Rocks Sebring!

Thanks to everyone at EVOMS.com for their support at the Sebring "48 Hour" Sprint Race.

I ran a 996 TT that was prepared by: FABCAR, Moton USA, Farler Performance, Gilhart Racing, and Evolution Motorsports.

We ended up qualifying 7th and finished 5th overall. There were 40 '00-'05 Cup cars, 6 RS's, and several other rockets that made up the 65 car field.

Todd @ Evo put together an extremely reliable package that was absolutely bullet-proof in the race. We were able to run a 2:11.8 in qualifying and a 2:13.5 in the race.

Everything from Diverter valves and hoses to the K-24 Turbo's & inter-cooler's were put on the car. The ECU tuning performed flawlessly.

Special thanks to Phoebe and Nate for traveling from Arizona to cheer us on during the race.

Rick Gilhart

For more details go to Mylaps.com, car racing, 48 Hour Sebring, Yellow run group, car # 5 GT1-R class.

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
awesome, congrats!

Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts

Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
Congratulations! 5th in a field of 65 is very good!

It is good to see a front line tuner like Evolution Motorsports involved with racing. The track is where the rubber meets the road and performance improvements are exploited to their maximum potential. Racing breeds innovation and performance like no other environment.

Last edited by Captain Tal; 02-16-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Congrat's! Nice to see a TT out there racing!

Any pics from the track event?

What tires did you run, Pirelli slicks? (looks like it from the pic)

How was your car compared to the other cars in the top 5 in terms of handling and power respectively?

Did you get any in-car vid?

Last edited by Super D; 02-16-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
AWESOME!!!!!

I love Evo's work and FabSPeed is the best. Please tell us in detail what you did to your car, especially from these two guys.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:26 PM
JakeMate is on a distinguished road
Great Job!

Old 02-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Very Cool!!!

Old 02-17-2005, 04:54 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on a well desereved 5th place, against a tough field no less.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Gilhart Racing is on a distinguished road
Wow, thanks for the nice comments and support.

I was very excited with our finish being the first race with the car. My 996 TT has probably less modifications and power than most modified TT's because the car was built to run some World Challenge races.

I've not changed any of the engine internals, rather opting for the allowed bolt-on equipment. Stock K-24 turbo's and inter-coolers, Evo diverter's and hose kit. Other changes include Moton Clubsport shocks with much heavier spring rates.

Regarding tires, I had a difficult time finding the right combo in a DOT tire so I opted for slicks. I tried Pirelli and Dunlop, Dunlop having the greatest grip and price as well. Tires sizes were 235 front and 280 rear to go with the Champion wheels.

In World Challenge we're currently allowed Toyo RA-1's, 305's in the front and 335's in the rear. I'm just not ready to put the fender flares on the front yet.

We ran a stock front and rear. We're allowed to run a GT2 front and a GT3 Cup wing in the rear, so I have to believe there's more dowforce from the latter setup.

Also, we had no additional brake cooling other than the GT2/GT3 street deflector shields, this will have to change but at least you all can see the stock brakes can hold up pretty good under full race conditions. Pagid Blacks front and rear.

My car is gutted, has a carbon hood, doors, and dash. It weighs in at 2950 w/o driver even though there's a full race cage, fire suppression system, etc.

Oh, almost forgot, the AWD is still connected although the PSM and ABS have been disconnected.

Thanks again,
Rick

I'll post the 2:11 lap in a couple days.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 AM
NC Bob is on a distinguished road
Cool!!! Very impressive.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:09 AM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
So, basically, a street 996TT, w/ mild engine tweaks, upgraded suspension, slicks and no aero packages can run head to head with the Cup Cars?

Day-um.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by PMac
So, basically, a street 996TT, w/ mild engine tweaks, upgraded suspension, slicks and no aero packages can run head to head with the Cup Cars?

Day-um.
PMac,

I have said for over a year now that KA walked GT3R's coming out of some turns while playing @ Infineron. What they are saying comes as no surprise.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:56 AM
TitanM3 is on a distinguished road
We had such a blast at Sebring, that was the first true club sport race event that my wife (Phoebe) and I have ever been to. It was awesome, everyone there was so nice. Being around that many porschephiles was definitely fun. I also have to say that Rick was one of the nicest guys I have yet to meet in this business, he and his team were so nice to us while we were out there and we really appreciate that. Ricks car was honestly one of the coolest race cars I have ever seen, the carbon fiber work on that car is unreal. Thanks again Rick, Suncoast, Farnbacher Loles, and all the other racers and sponsors that made this event so memorable. I am enclosing some pictures of Ricks car.....

Nate@EVO

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 AM
TitanM3 is on a distinguished road
More

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports Rocks Sebring!