996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cars too low to pull in and out of driveway without scraping- Ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:51 AM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
All done with compliments of local council.
You can see where I was previously driving over the nature strips to get the extra clearance.

And my tread plates at the entrance of my garage that I arranged.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:22 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
unbelievable nice!

i recently hit a 5$k boulder? should i fill out the reimbursement forms? lol

Old 07-29-2015, 02:55 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JimTT
All done with compliments of local council.
You can see where I was previously driving over the nature strips to get the extra clearance.

And my tread plates at the entrance of my garage that I arranged.
Good on ya Jimbo

Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 AM
JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !JimTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
unbelievable nice!

i recently hit a 5$k boulder? should i fill out the reimbursement forms? lol
Lol....give it a shot, I did and look what I got in return...

Originally Posted by timccloud
Good on ya Jimbo
Thanks Tim, like I previously said, I didn't expect anything but they came through.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:00 AM
Ryon Abendana is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
So basically the car scrapes front and rear end when pulling in and out of the driveway. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I am thinking just a big piece of plywood and if it rubs the plywood it would be more so just gliding on the plywood?

Thanks!!
bro im 18, my mom and her wife dont allow me to drive or ever get a license i never wanna drive either, and i dont drive so honestly i kinda dont know anything about driving or cars 😂 like at all but i do know both my mom and her wife or partner's car would both scrape on the driveway soooooo hard allllllllllll the way down. it sounded horrible to me. so like one day they show up with three of these giant rubber mats, lay them down one in front of the other the whole way down the driveway, pulled me off my video games even though i was barefoot and only wearing boxers lol wtf wow hella embarrassing to come out there and like watch their bumpers rub against the rubber back and forth several times to watch if it damages it they demanded me too lol. well in my observation no it doesnt at all. the rubber is soft so when the bumper rubs on it all it does is rub and make squealy balloon like noises hahaha. it did r make a terrible loud slow tuba like sound all the down as it rubbed but its ok cuz it doesnt break anything. it actually made laugh hella hard tho cuz it sounds epic when it rubs but it should save ur bumper from rubbing against pavement tho lol.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:55 PM
914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of
Lucked out while the city was repaving our street

Our 2001 996 TT would drag both the Miltek exhaust and the front spoiler, no matter the most severe angle, speed, etc. Our previous home had a horrible drainage dip / curb combo right in front of our narrow and steep driveway apron. We were also on the corner of 2 busy streets, so crawling into or out of our driveway elicited lots of "ahem" verbal and non-verbal commentary from other motorists. I was lucky enough that the city of St. Petersburg was in the process of re-paving our street. I opened the garage where the TT was parked and struck up a casual conversation with someone who looked like he was in charge (he was). I shared my story about the morning my wife was in a hurry to leave in the TT, whereby she tore half the spoiler off in reverse and proceeded to get it stuck under the front tire and drag it down the street 1/2 a block...while I was standing in the driveway trying not to lose my sh*t !!! The guy was really into cars and could definitely relate to my situation. He said, "... so, not only did she rip your heart out, she started stomping on it ???" LOL I asked him if he could throw some extra asphalt in front of our driveway. He agreed to check into it and the next day he came back with a consent form where they would not only add 6-8 inches of asphalt, but take the asphalt a foot or so up my own driveway apron to level out the transition. SCORE!!!

Old 02-17-2020, 03:45 AM
mezger man will become famous soon enough
I'm getting the concrete apron reshaped. Those driveway bridges won't work when it snows as the plows will tear them up.