996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fastest, Highest HP stock turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Dwight B is on a distinguished road
I haven't run in the 1/4 mile yet, but in the 1/8 mile I went 7.68 @ 94.00mph with a 1.744 60' on R888 tires, 3" Catless exhaust, and a Cobb stage 2 tune.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 PM
buffalosojah will become famous soon enoughbuffalosojah will become famous soon enough
This user went 11.3 on stock turbos. I think that's the fastest I've seen.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tock-k16s.html

Old 02-05-2017, 06:10 PM
buffalosojah will become famous soon enoughbuffalosojah will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dwight B
I haven't run in the 1/4 mile yet, but in the 1/8 mile I went 7.68 @ 94.00mph with a 1.744 60' on R888 tires, 3" Catless exhaust, and a Cobb stage 2 tune.
I think that would be high 11s. Is that Rwd?

Old 02-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Dwight B is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by buffalosojah
I think that would be high 11s. Is that Rwd?
Nope, Still AWD. i was launching the car around 3,500rpm and shifting just before 7,000rpm

Old 02-05-2017, 08:28 PM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by G-Rat
Curious about this as well... K16 vs K24 would be interesting as well.

I know I made 495/525 all wheel on a Mustang dyno with K24s. 4500 foot elevation.

My best 1/4 is 12.0 at 121mph with a 2.1 60 ft.

I'm sure I'm holding any records here but thought I'd add anyway.
Just took a second look at my last slip and realized I was a bit off on the ET and way off on the MPH.

My best was 12.01 @ 125.5

Old 02-06-2017, 10:31 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I don't think we should be comparing a gt2 vs a regular TT. One is heavy with a lot more rotating mass vs the other which is like on steroids stock... with that said, there are so many variables, be it some may have been on DR tires, with 600 ft. below sea level tracks on hand, high octane vs 91, etc... full 3" catless, gutted insides one and on... maybe if you would say, stock car with tune only on pump gas... keep things constant... because you can find someone do a full regut inside, do all the inatkes, piping catless, mafless, coolers, BIG TBs, run ms 109 with 18 deg timing in midrange, RWD with toyo R888s, maybeadd a 1 bar wg on stock k16s and its still considered stock k16? I know many of the cars had done various upgrades over the years.. some even sprayed NOS... etc,..

Agreed 100%. Let's compare apples to apples.

I figured the rest is pretty self explanatory. I'm basically just looking for who has the quickest 1/4 and most HP from k16. Supporting mods are a given as stated earlier based on what's needed to go fast/make power.

That being said, my car is for sale, but in the interim I added a bunch of parts I had and will be looking to see how much HP it will make as is on stock turbos:

4.5" Bell Intercoolers
2.5" y-pipe
MAFless- tuned by Sam @ 1bar- custom cone intake in stock location
3" x pipe w no cats

I think that's basically it for HP mods. We'll see how much HP it makes.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 PM
onenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to behold
I went 11.6 @ 120 in my 996TT. K16's. I honestly thought it was slow as far as mph. Found out I had a few boost leaks. I haven't been to the track since. I did dyno the car since then and it made 460hp and 530ft.lbs.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:15 PM
Pacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to all
Really interesting thread. I'm still on my stock K16's and had planned to go to billets, however I've been pressed on time with my work and about to get into my busy season within a month- so it may be on the backburner until next year.
With a quality tune and many catless options, it seems to be a great recipe for those with stock K16s.
My real question is, I wonder how much gain there is to be had with new Turbo Inlet pipes. Given the K16 units are smaller then the 24's (and any billet options of course)- is it really that restrictive on the inlet side, to justify spending money there? Would be interesting to see a members before and after #s with a tune, supporting mods and inlets.
I think my set up below in my sig is rather common (+Intercoolers), and seems to be what many others with strong K16 numbers are running. I need to get to a dyno.. Would love to hear others opinions with stock 16s as well.

Last edited by Pacileo01TT; 02-16-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pacileo01TT
Really interesting thread. I'm still on my stock K16's and had planned to go to billets, however I've been pressed on time with my work and about to get into my busy season within a month- so it may be on the backburner until next year.
With a quality tune and many catless options, it seems to be a great recipe for those with stock K16s.
My real question is, I wonder how much gain there is to be had with new Turbo Inlet pipes. Given the K16 units are smaller then the 24's (and any billet options of course)- is it really that restrictive on the inlet side, to justify spending money there? Would be interesting to see a members before and after #s with a tune, supporting mods and inlets.
I think my set up below in my sig is rather common (+Intercoolers), and seems to be what many others with strong K16 numbers are running. I need to get to a dyno.. Would love to hear others opinions with stock 16s as well.

Big gains can be had by reducing restrictions on the intake side. Even with stock K16's

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BauerR
Big gains can be had by reducing restrictions on the intake side. Even with stock K16's
When are you going to the track/dyno?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Sourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to behold
Very interested to see results of your mods on stock 16's.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G-Rat
When are you going to the track/dyno?
Hahahahah tons going on.

Had to step away a little bit. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have been dealing with an exacerbation since mid December. Looks like that's finally sorted.

1) Had a boost leak issue with my Ypipe. Have been working with Sean to get that sorted. I'm installing some new orings tomorrow.

2) Running a little lean after install of IPD, 74mmtb and Ypipe. Working with Sam to sort that. May be related to the leak.

3) track season hasn't started back up yet.

I'm supposed to do a freeway pull tomorrow with a 991.2 Turbo S w/ exhaust and tune. Hope to have videos tomorrow

Old 02-17-2017, 07:26 PM
Pacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to allPacileo01TT is a name known to all
Really look forward to hearing your results. Keep us posted!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Sourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to beholdSourcerock is a splendid one to behold
Hahahahah tons going on.

Had to step away a little bit. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have been dealing with an exacerbation since mid December. Looks like that's finally sorted.

1) Had a boost leak issue with my Ypipe. Have been working with Sean to get that sorted. I'm installing some new orings tomorrow.

2) Running a little lean after install of IPD, 74mmtb and Ypipe. Working with Sam to sort that. May be related to the leak.

3) track season hasn't started back up yet.

I'm supposed to do a freeway pull tomorrow with a 991.2 Turbo S w/ exhaust and tune. Hope to have videos tomorrow
Glad to hear your doing well. Sounds like your car will be sorted soon. Best.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
My RWD, FBO, mafless, K24 Turbo S, E85 tune by Tim, ID1000s, E85 intake fuel pump and full system etc, ETS Intercoolers, Toyo R888s was doing over 130 mph 1/4 miles as per my vbox (beat on it like a rented mule). Never took it to the drag strip but vboxed it hundreds of time

I think my 60-130 and some other vbox are on here somewhere, 60-130 = 6.5s

Turbos were K24 stock and the FBO was about as much as one could do before getting into changing turbos and doing rods etc. The torque in winter was very close to those danger levels.

This thread shows all the times and what each mod added to the car

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-mod-k24s.html

Last edited by wolfhedge; 01-20-2018 at 07:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.