996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

Re-wrap your 996 sport steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
fix the graphite gray steering wheel

USED steering wheel

DCTMS can help restore the wheel with OEM grade graphite gray leather with extra padding for better grips

Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
custom wrap 996 airbag

We help customer re-wrap the airbag to match the newly wrapped steering wheel
the airbag cover can be 996 OEM pattern of customer's own design

Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
looking for customer for GT2 alcantara conversion

We want to offer a deal for a 996 customer with following conversion
- GT3 gray Alcantara wheel with RED stitching all around
- Alcantara shift boot with RED stitching

$599 + shipping with core exchange

We will make the steering wheel and shifter first but need your original wheel and shift back as core return

Contact us for this great deal

Note: above picture provide from customer, not our work

996 Steering wheel by us

Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
The project completed

996 with alcantara wrap, RED in stitching
+ matching shift ****
+ matching ebrake handler

Attached Images    
Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 PM
khan is on a distinguished road
Very nice will be sending mine to u soon.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
996 GT3 style alcantara package

Another set made with Alcantara and orange stitching

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
Can the alcantara wheel and shift boot be done in a graphite gray?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by code7rpd
Can the alcantara wheel and shift boot be done in a graphite gray?
We can of course do that for you!
you can choose your own stitching color also!
steering wheel can also be extra thick padded!

Let me know

Ivan

Old 08-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Eggman is on a distinguished road
whats the turnaround time?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Eggman
whats the turnaround time?
all leather re-wrap job about 2 weeks after order confirmed
most of time, we will make a new set from our inventory cores and ship to customer for core exchange

Ivan

Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
996TT Graphite gray extra thick wrap steering wheel installation

We installed an extra thick wrap steering wheel on a 996TT
steering wheel features
- extra thick padding
- perforated leather on sides
- matched color stitching
Feel like driving a new car again

BEFORE

AFTER

Attached Images   
Old 09-22-2012, 06:22 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Ivan for the install on my car! As you can see the new wheel is noticeably thicker and it feels like it belongs on the car compared to the skinny stock wheel. I appreciate the great service, fast install, and a great product at a great price!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
This is definitely a very nice modification from the look of it. Have you addressed any concerns that buyers might have about the longevity of the alcantara itself? Although I would like to try the material out, I often wonder how well it lasts over time, and if there are ways to take care of it to help preserve the material. My car doesn't see daily use, so I suppose it's not a huge issue, but something I'm curious about nonetheless. I do know that even leather can and will wear out over time, but I've never faced that issue with any of my personal vehicles.

Also, I have a factory carbon shifter on my 996TT. I'd assume for an aftermarket alcantara wrap, that I'd need to start with a different model? I really like that combo you performed a few posts above with the alcantara steering wheel, shift ****, and e-brake handle cover. Thanks for any feedback!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
An alcantara steering wheel as daily drive will last around 1~2 years depends on drivers usage
weekend car with gloves shall be ok for much longer
contact us if you have any question
The alcantara we used is the real on from Italy

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
This is definitely a very nice modification from the look of it. Have you addressed any concerns that buyers might have about the longevity of the alcantara itself? Although I would like to try the material out, I often wonder how well it lasts over time, and if there are ways to take care of it to help preserve the material. My car doesn't see daily use, so I suppose it's not a huge issue, but something I'm curious about nonetheless. I do know that even leather can and will wear out over time, but I've never faced that issue with any of my personal vehicles.

Also, I have a factory carbon shifter on my 996TT. I'd assume for an aftermarket alcantara wrap, that I'd need to start with a different model? I really like that combo you performed a few posts above with the alcantara steering wheel, shift ****, and e-brake handle cover. Thanks for any feedback!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Black leather with extra thick padding and RED stitching

Just finished another set with
- black leather, extra thick padding
- Red band on top and Red stitching
- matched ebrake puller

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Re-wrap your 996 sport steering wheel