996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Looking for black rear engine hood (2003 C4)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Jeremy Boatman is on a distinguished road
Looking for black rear engine hood (2003 C4)

I'm looking for a black rear engine hood for my C4 which currently has the aero kit on it. Here is what it looks like today: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47201778/rearhood.jpg

Questions:

1. Can I literally just swap out one hood for the other?

2. Any "gotchas" I need to look out for?

3. Anyone have one to sell or interested in my aero kit one?

4. What about automatic the automatic rear spoiler. With the aero kit, obviously, I don't have that. Was it an option or is this standard? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I purchase another engine hood, is it an option to add the automatic spoiler or???

I'm a newbie in this Porsche world, so thanks for answering and spreading the knowledge!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
It looks like you've got some kind of aftermarket "turbo look" spoiler on your C4. That's not an OEM aerokit spoiler.

You should be able to acquire a standard decklid and spoiler and bolt it right on. The rear decklid from any narrow-body car should work (C2 or C4). The decklid from a C4S won't work without significant modification, and obviously the turbo decklid has a spoiler so that won't work for your needs. The connections for the automatic speed-deployed spoiler will be there, as this is a standard feature on the C4.

I'd recommend looking on ebay and craigslist. You might also have some luck at a Porsche dismanter. There are several well-known companies out there, including Oklahoma Foreign and LA Dismantlers. I've purchased a few things from Oklahoma Foreign and their service is good. I haven't used LA Dismantlers.

Good luck!