996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Yeah that would look sweet. With no nose on the car it reminds me of seeing the cars at the le mans series races I go to every year.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fierofly
After looking at it without the fenders, I'm thinking someone needs to design a slant nose mod for the 996.
Heres an attempt that looks bad, but I think done properly with proper hood vents it could look good
Name:  04B21C6A-018B-4B33-BD06-ADB470FE83D9.jpg
Views: 6227
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  2027B7CC-8533-4DB9-A988-D8B09DB71A1E.jpg
Views: 6233
Size:  121.0 KB

Old 06-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Lol yeah that attempt looks bad lol. The slant nose would look awesome on the car though. Too bad Porsche wouldn't make one as a special anniversary. That red one reminds me of am SC model I almost bought for 1,000.00 dollars once. I will forever kick myself in the *** for not buying it. The needed a lot of work but it did run. An indy mechanic in my area that I talked to about it said those motors can cause lots of head aches. I passed on the car and still wish I didn't.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:19 AM
I just ordered the HID kit for the headlights because I personally do not care for halogen bulbs. I've done countless amounts of these kits and doing it with no fenders or anything on the car will make this even easier. I wanted to go with the pink color (I honestly did lol) but don't want to get pulled over by the cops. My exhaust is already ear piercing, I don't need harassment because of my headlights. According to the color chart which was extremely hard to read it looks like a bluish/purple color. We will find out once I get the lights in.

Today I am going to print out both schematics of the 996 and 997 headlight pinouts and match everything up on one sheet to make this process easier for anyone in the future. Once I get that complete I will post a picture. I hope tonight I am able to wire up all the lights.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:28 AM
Here is the kit I bought off Amazon using my prime account so I can get the free 2 day shipping. This kit is a replacement of the xenon kit. It runs an exact 35 watt power source just like exonon. The other kits on the market run 55 watt which isn't as powerful. The kit cost me 60 bucks with free shipping. Incase anyone in the future goes this route they can look into this kit as well. I ordered the kit in am H7 bulb for low beam. Do not order the D2S bulb if you have halogen headlights. The D2S or D1S bulbs are only for headlights with xenon kits already installed.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Did you order the kit in 15K color temperature? I'm just curious, as those lights would make it difficult to drive at night. Light in that range will be purple.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I was mislead by the color guide. It looked as if it would be a purple/blue temp. I'll throw them in and see how they are. If they aren't bright enough I'll I'll go down to 12000 kalvin.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Here is a screen print I made up of the 996 to 997 headlight wire guide. As far as I know this should be the right schematic. I will test it out tonight and make any necessary adjustments to this and repost if so. I will come up with one for the blinkers and fogs as soon as I go through the wire guide and see what that is all about. Thanks to Jeff at extreme for sending me the the color codes.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:27 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fierofly
After looking at it without the fenders, I'm thinking someone needs to design a slant nose mod for the 996.
I was thinking the same thing,, A slant nose 996 would look wicked.. Speaking of wicked, it would probably cost as much as the car... LOL

Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Y Joseph TT, gotta hand it to you on that one !!

Old 06-09-2015, 05:57 PM
I got the driver side headlight running tonight. I'm too exhausted to do the passenger side so I will do that one tomorrow and hopefully the bumper lights Friday. The schematic I made up is correct, only difference is I have to swap it around. I have the drivers side labeled where the passenger side is and vise versa. I will correct this and post a corrected copy tomorrow. I created the schematic on my work computer this morning so that's where I saved it to.

Once I get all the wiring completed and the hids wired in I will wrap it all in wire loom and zip tie it all off nice to hold the wires back from the tires.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
When this is all done you are going to know that car like the back of you're hand. Headlights look great.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 AM
What did you end up doing with the c4s parts?

Old 06-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Atrox, funny you say that cause I said the same thing last night lol. I know now how these entire front ends are put together. I saved my c4s front end. I wrapped it all up and put the pieces in one of the boxes the new front end came in. My original front end is mint, it all still looks brand new so I wanted to make sure I took care of it all. Plus the hood I had on it was a carbon fiber hood.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Here is the changes I made to the headlight schematic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996 to 997 conversion on my C4S