996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Is this 996 MKII Aero Kit Spoiler OEM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:45 PM
PorscheEnvy is on a distinguished road
Is this 996 MKII Aero Kit Spoiler OEM?

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I had a 996 Targa and I originally purchased a 996 GT3 style spoiler. The person who sold it to me said it was an authentic Aero Kit MKII. I'm looking to sell it now since I no longer have a Porsche, but I just wanted to make sure I price and tell people the correct information. Pictures are attached below. Note it has a sticker that says made in Slovakia. I understand some parts may be made there and Boxsters are completely built there now, but not 100% sure if this is true for Aero Kits.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by PorscheEnvy; 09-23-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:42 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I would not go strictly by the sticker. All OEM aero should have part number engraving on the underside.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
996 MKII, Aero rear Wing could have been 2 different styles in 2003 & 2004.
The shape of the Wing looks right, but, I thought both styles came with relocated third brake light.
Here is a picture of mine, on my car it was referred to as Carrera Aero, my Wing was offered on both Coupe and cabriolet.
The Wing you have would only be offered on a coupe.

QUOTE=PorscheEnvy;4391090]Hi All,

It's been awhile since I had a 996 Targa and I originally purchased a 996 GT3 style spoiler. The person who sold it to me said it was an authentic Aero Kit MKII. I'm looking to sell it now since I no longer have a Porsche, but I just wanted to make sure I price and tell people the correct information. Pictures are attached below. Note it has a sticker that says made in Slovakia. I understand some parts may be made there and Boxsters are completely built there now, but not 100% sure if this is true for Aero Kits.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2015, 03:16 PM
dan_189 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
996 MKII, Aero rear Wing could have been 2 different styles in 2003 & 2004.
The shape of the Wing looks right, but, I thought both styles came with relocated third brake light.
Here is a picture of mine, on my car it was referred to as Carrera Aero, my Wing was offered on both Coupe and cabriolet.
The Wing you have would only be offered on a coupe.

QUOTE=PorscheEnvy;4391090]Hi All,

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

That sticker is actually from the wiring harness not the deck lid. 996 620 71 50 is the harness only.

The wing is an aftermarket one all aero kits have the part number stamped. They OEM ones are made in Switzerland.

Another way to tell is the holes where the wing is attached on either side. The OEM wing has a rounded rectangular cap whereas the aftermarket usually have 2 vertical holes.

Doesn't make it any less valuable as it still fits all C2s. I just wouldn't advertise it as a genuine one.

Last edited by dan_189; 08-26-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:41 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
There is a GT3 Wing for sale on eBay, it is stamped made in Switzerland, that was a surprise

QUOTE=dan_189;4391495][/QUOTE]

Interesting that your wing has that sticker. I was under the impression that all aero kit ii wings were stamped on the underside with the part number.

Another way to tell is the holes where the wing is attached on either side. The OEM wing has a rounded rectangular cap whereas the aftermarket usually have 2 vertical holes. That's just what I have seen.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2015, 03:43 PM
dan_189 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NYoutftr
There is a GT3 Wing for sale on eBay, it is stamped made in Switzerland, that was a surprise

QUOTE=dan_189;4391495]
Interesting that your wing has that sticker. I was under the impression that all aero kit ii wings were stamped on the underside with the part number.

Another way to tell is the holes where the wing is attached on either side. The OEM wing has a rounded rectangular cap whereas the aftermarket usually have 2 vertical holes. That's just what I have seen.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one on German ebay with the C4S strip on it?

Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 PM
wing on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262017364922?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT